Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>CI Legend red
Don Fernando 11:03 AM 09-26-2009

This cigar is made by Perdomo for Cigars International. The wrapper is nice, dark and has a few veins. The torpedo has quite a sharp point and feels well constructed. The predraw is good and gives me a pepper flavor. The cigar has a strong leather aroma combined with some black pepper.

I get a quite full bodied coffee flavor with a bit of pepper as an after bite. After half an inch I also get mild chocolate that slowly turns into dark bitter chocolate. This all happens behind the main flavor, which is still the coffee the cigar started with.

Halfway the feeling in my mouth gets dry and a wood flavor tries to find its way through the coffee. The chocolate is gone, but the pepper in the back of the throat still remains. At the 2/3rd point some nuts join the coffee.

I don’t get a lot of smoke, better said, the amount of smoke is poor and a bit brownish. The light colored ash is frayed but firm. The burn is good. After 2/3rd the smoke picks up a bit, but it’s too late. This is a medium bodied medium flavored cigar.

Would I buy this cigar again? I will stick to the Yellow by Don Pepin Garcia, I liked that better

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 5 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 6 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10
[Reply]
Starscream 11:07 AM 09-26-2009
As always, thanks for the review. I've never smoked any of the Legends series until yesterday (Yellow). The Yellow DPG that I had would be hard to beat though. I look forward to trying the Red.
[Reply]
Dunkel 01:34 PM 09-26-2009
I love the Red Labels even more so than the much exalted Yellow Label.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:46 PM 09-26-2009
Nice review Ferdie...I tried one of these a few weeks back and really enjoyed it. :-)
[Reply]
BigCat 02:13 PM 09-26-2009
I really like these - I get that woodsy taste through most of the smoke. Like you, I find that the draw gets worse as the cigar burns down, which I think is a function of the really exagerated point. I usually massage it and get it to open back up again though.
[Reply]
njstone 10:46 PM 09-26-2009
Great review! I have a 5er of these and keep meaning to try one. I've been into Perdomos lately, so I'll be firing one up soon! Thanks!
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:51 PM 09-26-2009
Thanks for the detailed review and pictures Ferdie.
[Reply]
Up