Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La aurora preferidos #2 Ruby
Don Fernando 12:18 PM 09-24-2009
This perfecto has a dark, rough Connecticut broadleaf wrapper with some veins, a Dominican binder and filler from Brazil, Dominican Republic and Cameroon. The 5 x 54 cigar feels hard but the predraw is fine and gives me a dry but peppery feeling in my mouth. The aroma is a mild hay and barnyard smell.

I can taste coffee and some leather, both very bitter and not really pleasant. After an inch the flavor changed to a creamy chocolate with pepper as supporting flavor. Soon the leather returns and the creamy chocolate becomes the aftertaste. Unfortunately the cigar also has a moldy flavor for a while. The finale is mild chocolate and pepper again.

The amount of smoke is quite low, and it is thin. The ash however is firm and pretty. This is a medium bodied, mild to medium flavored cigar

Would I buy this cigar again? Nah.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part) 6 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10
[Reply]
adampc22 12:20 PM 09-24-2009
i have the gold in my humi i like to get it out and look at it some times its so prity lol
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:23 PM 09-24-2009
this is the red one, I also smoked the green one which I liked better.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:42 PM 09-24-2009
Thanks for the review Ferdie...sitting on one of these.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:50 PM 09-24-2009
Thanks for the review Ferdi. Been awhile since I've had any of these but I do remember smoking the platinum tubo back in 2003. Back then it really wowed me but I think that could have been the price tag as well. :-)

They sure are pretty! :-)
[Reply]
bookman 08:10 PM 09-24-2009
I'm a huge Lion fan. Sorry you didn't like it, Don. Looks like everything was perfect except the flavor, and that is everything! My favorites are still teh spicy, spicy Ecuadors.
[Reply]
Up