Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Vegas Cubanas invictos
Don Fernando 01:39 AM 09-24-2009
This Vegas Cubanas invictos is a robusto size (5 x 50) cigar by Don Pepin Garcia. I don’t know the age of the cigar, but the production date is post 2007 as the band had the new design.

The Habano Rosado claro wrapper is smooth, oily and almost without any veins. I didn’t like the cigar band that much. The cigar has a nice peppery barnyard aroma. The predraw is fine and I can’t find anything wrong with the construction upon first inspection.

I can taste wood with some herbal flavors. After half an inch the herbal flavor disappears and I get a little bit of leather shining through the wood. My mouth gets a bit dry. Half an inch later I can taste a peppery chocolate, slightly salt. The chocolate slowly disappears and salty spices remain. At 2/3rd the flavors grow in strength, wood and spices although the wood is just a temporarily flavor, but it makes a comeback at the end. The final few puffs also bring a fresh, almost menthol like, flavor to the cigar.

I got a lot of smoke and the burn is straight. This medium bodied, medium flavored cigar produces a dark gray ash. This is a good cigar but not memorable.

Would I buy this cigar again? Maybe, It is a good cigar but I like the CI Legend or the DPG black better. Then again, maybe my expectations for this cigar were too high.

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:35 AM 09-24-2009
Thanks for the review Ferdie. I would agree with your assessment for the most part. I have not smoked that particular vitola, but I have smoke quite a few of the marca. Not a bad smoke by any means, but not my favorite Pepin blend either.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 04:41 AM 09-24-2009
I like these cigars, but part of that is because I have been drawing off a box from early 2007 smokes at my B&M so they have some nice age to them too!
[Reply]
borndead1 07:23 AM 09-24-2009
I like this blend. I think they are a nice change of pace from the usual Pepin spice bombs.
[Reply]
RGD. 07:55 AM 09-24-2009
Speak of the devil - I happen to be smoking one at this very moment. It's the very last one out of a box gifted to me.

When the box was new, the draws were a little on the horrible side, ragged burns and some tunneling. This one smoke though has been great so far (about 2 inches in) and I find that I am enjoying more than any of the previous.

I do agree it's not the usual Pepin strong blend - and that's okay. A change of pace is nice.

Ron
[Reply]
Up