Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Oliva special S toro
Don Fernando 08:50 AM 09-22-2009
Oliva Special S is made out of Nicaraguan Cuban-seed with the cigar being topped off with a silky and oily sun-grown wrapper from Ecuador. The cigar wrapper has been aged for five years in cedar crates to bring out the tobaccos natural richness while maintaining its smoothness. The construction feels a bit soft. The cigar has a nice barnyard aroma and the predraw is just fine.

The wrapper is very thin and it rips at the mouthpiece while cutting it. Fortunately I had some pectin and I could repair it, avoiding sucking a lot of false air.

I taste some coffee and wood. The woody flavors fade away while the coffee grows stronger. After an inch the cigar gets a creamy feeling and the aftertaste is reminds me of chocolate. These flavors stay the same for some time while the chocolate grows a bit in strength and starts to overpower the coffee. Soon after that I get some wood again.

I miss the recognizable Oliva sweetness that I seem to find in any of their sticks. Not that I miss it flavor wise but I expected to taste it in this cigar too, but didn’t. The flavors grow stronger towards the end of the cigar.

The ash of this medium bodied medium flavored cigar is white. The burn is straight and the cigar produces plenty of smoke.

Would I buy this cigar again? It is a very nice cigar, very nice, but I think I will stick to other Oliva blends when I want to smoke Oliva.

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:44 PM 09-22-2009
Wow, I don't often see an Oliva with that bad of a construction problem. Nice review and pics:-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:04 PM 09-22-2009
Why was Bruce Willis watching you smoke? That's crazy, man!

MCS
[Reply]
timo 08:19 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:

MCS
:-):-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:22 PM 09-22-2009
Thanks for the review Ferdie!!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:43 PM 09-22-2009
Nice review sir :-)

Because he is helping him with his problem of seeing dead people. :-)

I believe that is 'The 6th Sense'
[Reply]
papajohn67 09:15 PM 09-22-2009
Smoke them while you can still get them as they have been discontinued.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:59 PM 09-22-2009

MCS
He's my herf buddy

And Adam, you are right.
[Reply]
MedicCook 12:15 AM 09-23-2009
Thanks for the review Ferdie.
[Reply]
DPD6030 01:56 AM 09-23-2009
Great honest review Don and a solid 7 rating. Bruce Willis is da chit :-)
[Reply]
Up