Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robusto - Pictures
Jimbo14 09:04 AM 06-30-2009
I have smoked a few of these now and really enjoy them. I thought it was time for a review.

The construction was very good. The prelight draw, perfect. This cigar burnt very evenly and required no relights or touchups. I really have to give a thumbs up to the creators of Arturo Fuente - Their quality is always exceptional.

The flavour was lovely, not too strong in Vitamin N and this cigar had a long finish with a great lingering aftertaste. The ash was very white and was strong - not flakey.

Construction: 10/10
Flavour: 8/10
Impression: 8/10

Overall I would give this cigar a 8.5/10. I am happy I have plenty more in my humidor.

[Reply]
Jimbo14 09:05 AM 06-30-2009

[Reply]
csbrewfisher 09:10 AM 06-30-2009
You know, it looks just like a burning stick.

Great pictures, well done!
[Reply]
Azpostal 11:34 AM 06-30-2009
Nice pics!
[Reply]
darkninja67 12:00 PM 06-30-2009
Nice review and sweet pics. I love the Don Carlos line but never seem to buy any.
[Reply]
shilala 12:02 PM 06-30-2009
I love them. I tend to smoke a certain cigar till I've "had enough", then I revisit them later. I have a bunch of Don's and I'm sure I'll get back to them before too long. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 12:11 PM 06-30-2009
Awesome Review, Bro! Anyone know if the "Carlito" stick is stronger, spicier?
[Reply]
Jbailey 12:16 PM 06-30-2009
Are you referring to the God of Fire's Greg?
[Reply]
longknocker 12:17 PM 06-30-2009
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Are you referring to the God of Fire's Greg?
Yes!:-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 12:24 PM 06-30-2009
This is from the Don Carlos line from Fuente. Which is a little stronger IMHO when compared to the Hemingway line. Then you have the God of Fire which is made in a Don Carlos blend and a Carlito blend. Two different smokes. I got a few GoF's lying around never tried one but I heard they are a stronger smoke.
[Reply]
longknocker 12:26 PM 06-30-2009
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
This is from the Don Carlos line from Fuente. Which is a little stronger IMHO when compared to the Hemingway line. Then you have the God of Fire which is made in a Don Carlos blend and a Carlito blend. Two different smokes. I got a few GoF's lying around never tried one but I heard they are a stronger smoke.
I have a few of both the GOF Don Carlos & Carlito, but haven't smoked either. I think the Carlito is a little spicier, but don't know for a fact. This review is from the "Don Carlos Line", but not the God of Fire, Correct?
[Reply]
Jbailey 12:30 PM 06-30-2009
I would bet that the Carlito is going to be the spicier of the two.

Back to the original post-
Great review James. Got a few die hard fans of the #2's at the shop.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 02:37 PM 06-30-2009
Thanks for sharing, very nice pictures.
[Reply]
shilala 03:19 PM 06-30-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
I have a few of both the GOF Don Carlos & Carlito, but haven't smoked either. I think the Carlito is a little spicier, but don't know for a fact. This review is from the "Don Carlos Line", but not the God of Fire, Correct?
Correct.
If you'll smoke A Don Carlos and smoke those GOF's and do a review of the three, I bet I know a brother who can hook you up with a couple Don Carlos'. I'm all out of GOF's though, I think.
To me, the Don Carlos line is more solid throughout the stick.
GOF's start lousy, get good, go goofy, then straighten out. They finish up real strong.
Don Carlos' are just a slow build and stay consistant throughout.
That's why I like them better. I wisgh they had a bit more body, but what's there is awesome.
I've had a few GOF poop surprises, too, where they are really awful for a time till they get good.
GOF's are one of those "money sticks" that I personally don't feel are worth the premium, but I do think everyone should try them. :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 04:55 PM 06-30-2009
What a beautiful cigar. Very nice pics.
Thanks.
[Reply]
Jimbo14 06:01 PM 06-30-2009
Im glad you enjoyed. I think im going to fire up an Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Double Robusto today on the golf course.
[Reply]
longknocker 07:15 PM 06-30-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Correct.
If you'll smoke A Don Carlos and smoke those GOF's and do a review of the three, I bet I know a brother who can hook you up with a couple Don Carlos'. I'm all out of GOF's though, I think.
To me, the Don Carlos line is more solid throughout the stick.
GOF's start lousy, get good, go goofy, then straighten out. They finish up real strong.
Don Carlos' are just a slow build and stay consistant throughout.
That's why I like them better. I wisgh they had a bit more body, but what's there is awesome.
I've had a few GOF poop surprises, too, where they are really awful for a time till they get good.
GOF's are one of those "money sticks" that I personally don't feel are worth the premium, but I do think everyone should try them. :-)
Thanks for the advice & Info, Scott!:-)
[Reply]
troutbreath 12:04 PM 07-03-2009
Nice pics, James. I have some beli's of these in my humi, and I am always taken aback by how GREAT the burn is. Just razor sharp, every time.
[Reply]
Up