Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Ever found a hidden cubby hole in your house?
Average Joe 12:32 PM 04-08-2011
I found one last night while tracking down a leak. The previous owners had apparently forgot about it. It was apparent everything good had been taken sometime before the move, but things such as credit cards, health ins. info etc. was left behind. There were empty bags and even a bag of hollowed out cotton batting (which had been emptied).

Anyone ever found cool stuff hidden in their house?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:41 PM 04-08-2011
No, but I always wonder if I got everything out of my parents house when my Mom passed. Dad liked to hide things.
[Reply]
cricky101 12:45 PM 04-08-2011
I'm pretty sure my parents found some magazines stuffed away in my room I had forgotten about when I moved to college ... :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:51 PM 04-08-2011
Not in my own house, but in some of my rentals. Its interesting to see whant you find. Found some old flat ware and tons of old media (newspapers and magazines). :-)
[Reply]
GolfNut 01:16 PM 04-08-2011
Yeah, there was a hidden spot in the wall of the hall bath at our house. You opened a door to the linen and it was in the lower part of the wall. We found a couple of old ****o tapes in it. LOL Can't remember what they were or how old now. Either the 6 college gals that rented before we bought, or the kids of the previous owner.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:17 PM 04-08-2011
No. However, I do check my bellybutton occasionally! :-)
[Reply]
Eleven 05:36 PM 04-08-2011
After my Father died, my Grandmother told me that she thought my Father hid money in his apartment, but of course this was AFTER I had cleaned his place out and given the keys back to the landlord :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 06:00 PM 04-08-2011
Sure in the apartment I use to rent, I found granola bars. They were still good! Sealed box too :-)
[Reply]
Stevez 07:32 PM 04-08-2011
In my first house, my wife called me at work one day and said she found guns hanging in a hidden place. I couldn't wait to get home because she was afraid to touch them. I had visions of real collector items or great handguns. Turned out they were two old BB pistols. Still fun, but not what I was looking for.

In my current house, I found a **** VHS tape hidden in a wall off our bedroom. I met the previous owners and it wasn't a tape of them, but wasn't bad. I of course, had to check it out before I destroyed it.
[Reply]
TBone 07:46 PM 04-08-2011
Nope just my kids looking for a free place to live...I booted them
[Reply]
jcruse64 07:50 PM 04-08-2011
Found a pink, bathroom sink from the 50's in a corner of the attic when I re-wired the house a few years ago. Also found a painted portrait of a young girl up there. Turned out to be the little girl from 2 or 3 owners back, done in the 50's. My next-door neighbor knew them, and called them to look at it. They were very happy to have it, and it was a nice little surprise. No dirty movies...not yet anyway.
[Reply]
thebayratt 09:28 PM 04-08-2011
I have a house from the 30s. As far as I know its a millitary house then a woman lived there til she was in her 80s and moved off.
I found about a half dozen of so empty big mason jars in the attic. When I saw the lids, I thought JACKPOT!!! But no luck!
I did find an old Folgers coffee container full of nails outside at the base of a bush. They were all rusty
[Reply]
Up