Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>RH Change in Cigars?
longknocker 05:09 PM 06-22-2009
Just curious, Inmates. With the summer months upon us and 100% Humidity here in Mobile, does the humidity of a cigar you're smoking change that much during the smoke? I keep my sticks at 65RH, but they seem to get much more 'Moist' this time of year even in the short 1-1.5 hour time frame that I'm smoking one outside. Any ideas on how much RH can change in a cigar over that timeframe?

Thanks!

Greg
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:48 PM 06-22-2009
I have noticed that when smoking a Pepin made product that I keep in the low 60's will begin to swell and become bitter and harsh when smoking in higher humidity.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:53 PM 06-22-2009
I have watched cigars sitting out on a table in high humidity swell up pretty good within a couple hours.....best to keep them in your humidor until right before you light them in that kind of humidity.
[Reply]
14holestogie 06:45 PM 06-22-2009
I carry my golf sticks in reused tubes to keep them at the proper rh when a travel humi is too much. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:26 AM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I have noticed that when smoking a Pepin made product that I keep in the low 60's will begin to swell and become bitter and harsh when smoking in higher humidity.
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I have watched cigars sitting out on a table in high humidity swell up pretty good within a couple hours.....best to keep them in your humidor until right before you light them in that kind of humidity.
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
I carry my golf sticks in reused tubes to keep them at the proper rh when a travel humi is too much. :-)
Thanks for the words of wisdom & advice, All!:-):-)
[Reply]
Up