Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>7 Cigars, 7 Nights
E.J. 04:50 PM 10-26-2009
Going on a little vacation and want a few reportedly great sticks to take with me. It is not often that my beautiful wife and I are able to get away this far, for this long, without the kids..... I am going to try to do it perfect.... That will hopefully include spending some time every evening enjoying a GREAT cigar.

Was thinking one a night, 7 nights….bla..bla..bla… I am SOOOOO new to this, my knowledge base is VERY, VERY limited. So I started a little list....

Padron 40th
Padron 80th
Ashton ESG 21
Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva No. 50

What else, you tell me….? I am from the States, so you have to keep them accessible(which the Anejo may already not be). Figured that I would do a WTB thread for the harder to find stuff...

Anyway.... GREAT STICKS that you would try add to the list....?

Thanks in advance for your assistance....
[Reply]
acarr 05:06 PM 10-26-2009
Throw in a God of Fire and Opus X
[Reply]
JJG 05:10 PM 10-26-2009
I'm not a fan of the Ashtons so if it were my list, that one would come off but lemme think...

I finally got around to trying the LFD double ligero chisel this weekend and thought it was absolutely delicious. Those are easy to find. what else, hmm

The Tatuaje cabinet series are great and readily available.

I'm a big fan of the AVO XO line. I'd stay away from the regular line but XOs are very complex and smooth with big flavor. cool looking tubes too and great for travel.

If you can't find an anejo, the Don Carlos line is still excellent and can be found at just about every cigar store.

oooh! I had and Illusione Epernay a few days ago that was REALLY good. I became an instant fan.

oh yeah, If you can get your hands on some Opus, they're great.

I would consider all these suggestions to be special cigars worthy of a special occasion. I'll update if I think of some more
[Reply]
coastietech 05:18 PM 10-26-2009
I would save the money on the 4oth and the 80th and just spring for PAM '64. They are cheaper and IMHO better.

I would also add something from the Illusione line. The cg:4 is great, so is the MJ-12, and the hl.

If you can find any of the Hemingway Maduro's I would put those on the list.

That's all I can think of for right now.
[Reply]
kugie 05:25 PM 10-26-2009
I would add
DPG JJ Maduro Belicoso
Padillia Miami Churchhill
Tat Angela they are small so two in one night not a bad idea
[Reply]
E.J. 05:38 PM 10-26-2009
Thanks everyone for the quick replies and info....

Have some OpusX Robustos(I am fortunate to have a B&M that has a decent supply of Opus and doesn't add "much" to the MSRP), so will take a few of those along for sure.

Please spell stuff out if not too much trouble.... Some of it I can figure out pretty easy....some is like reading a different language....:-)
[Reply]
JJG 05:51 PM 10-26-2009
agreed on the Padron suggestion. All the Ani's are good. I'm not sure paying the extra $$$ for the 40 or 80th is worth it for what you get. This is true for a number of brands actually. When it comes to premium brands, their regular releases are already excellent so don't feel like you have to seek out limited editions to get something truly special.

oh haha I just read your post. for starters

PAM-Padron Aniversary Maduro

DPG-Don Pepin Garcia

LFD-La Flor DOminicana (get one of these!!!)

AVO XO-AVO XO :-)
[Reply]
acarr 06:03 PM 10-26-2009
and Tat is Tatuaje
[Reply]
kgoings 06:09 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
I would save the money on the 4oth and the 80th and just spring for PAM '64. They are cheaper and IMHO better.

I would also add something from the Illusione line. The cg:4 is great, so is the MJ-12, and the hl.

If you can find any of the Hemingway Maduro's I would put those on the list.

That's all I can think of for right now.

:-)
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 07:16 PM 10-26-2009
Great suggestions so far.

I would add

tatuaje
my father
cain
fuente don carlos or opus x
oliva V
Casa magna

Have a great vacation
[Reply]
RightAJ 07:32 PM 10-26-2009
Try some a VSG, Opus X, any Padron Anni, any Tat, Oliva Master Blends III,
Oliva V Maddie, RP Decade, RP Olde World Reserve Maduro, and maybe a Diamond Crown. Anything you have heard good things about really... Hype usually has some basis of truth to it!

aj
[Reply]
str8edg 07:52 PM 10-26-2009
I had a Hemingway "between the lines" this past summer... worth putting on the list IMHO

Maybe a WOAM as well?

I do agree with the fact that the PAM '64 is GREAT
[Reply]
Up