Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Gotta play by the rules
TJarv 08:29 PM 05-01-2014
Unless you're this guy

http://www.news10.net/story/news/cri...utive/8550545/
[Reply]
Lockspur 01:24 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by :
Agents also seized $5 million in funds related to a loan between House of Oxford and another major cigar company, Drew Estate. The documents don't say what the loan was for or if Drew Estates had any involvement in House of Oxfords' criminal activity.
Hmmmmm
[Reply]
Dave128 01:53 PM 05-02-2014
Swisher has a "premium cigar division"?
[Reply]
jjirons69 03:07 PM 05-02-2014
I bet he could use a cigar about right now.
[Reply]
shilala 03:29 PM 05-02-2014
I wonder how this is gonna shake out?
"Agents also seized $5 million in funds related to a loan between House of Oxford and another major cigar company, Drew Estate. The documents don't say what the loan was for or if Drew Estates had any involvement in House of Oxfords' criminal activity."

Appears Goldman and Drew Estate just cranked out the "Nirvana" line of cigars, maybe that had something to do with the loan?
This was supposed to be about circumventing California taxes, I'm thinking DE is based in Miami?

Maybe some of you guys can put two and two together, I'd like to find out who "customer number one" and "customer number two" are?
[Reply]
jsnake 04:09 PM 05-02-2014
Amazing how this comes out all of the sudden when the FDA is trying to tell us how to live and ruin the cigar industry.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:39 AM 05-03-2014
Originally Posted by jsnake:
Amazing how this comes out all of the sudden when the FDA is trying to tell us how to live and ruin the cigar industry.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
T.G 11:24 AM 05-03-2014
Drew Estate doesn't have any involvement in Alex's legal situation. The loan marker was likely seized as an asset of Goldman's.

Scott, you are correct, DE is not a California company all their shipments come from Miami.
[Reply]
Up