Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Xikar Defiance Instigator
Rockestone 12:41 PM 02-07-2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009

Xikar Defiance "The Instigator"

Last week I reviewed the Alec Bradley that Matt with Tex Cigars sent. It was one of five that Matt was so generous to send for review. And now on to number two.

The Xikar Defiance Instigator measures 6 x 54. It has a Nicaraguan Shade Grown Criollo wrapper with a Nicaraguan Sun Grown Corojo binder and Nicaraguan filler. Xikar teamed up with Jesus Fuego to create this blend of cigar.

The first 1/4 of the cigar started out with a nice sweet flavor. This did not last long, however, and quickly turned into a leathery spicy flavor. The burn was even and required no re-lights. The ash broke off at about just under an inch. The stogie produces copious amounts of grayish white smoke. Nice.

Around the half way mark, it still has the leathery spice flavor that is just kind of Blah. Not too complex. It is burning great and has a perfect draw. Not too loose and not too tight.
The construction on this stick is excellent.

This stick was not Nubable!! I ended up just setting it aside with about two inches left. Although some may really like this cigar, I found it kind of boring. Not the worst cigar I've ever smoked but not even close to the best either.

Rockestone's Rating: 86
[Reply]
Rockestone 12:41 PM 02-07-2009
Right before I set it aside, I noticed some writing on the back of the label.

You shouldn't tempt a rebel like me!!

[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:19 PM 02-07-2009
Thanks for the review and great pics!:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:26 PM 02-07-2009
I wonder why they put the "Do Not Remove" on the label? :-)
[Reply]
Rockestone 01:37 PM 02-07-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I wonder why they put the "Do Not Remove" on the label? :-)
I just noticed on the inside of the band is a little diddy about not following the rules. Kind of a joke.:-)
[Reply]
eber 08:31 AM 02-08-2009
yeah after seeing that on the toro I smoked I promptly removed it lol
[Reply]
Up