Island (The other ones) Reviews>J. Fuego Delirium Belicoso
Good_Stogies_Mon 01:02 AM 02-11-2009
J. Fuego Delirium Belicoso

Size: Torpedo 5 ½ x 52
Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro
Binder: Costa Rican Corojo
Filler: Honduran and Nicaraguan

Pre light:

This torpedo was well constructed with a some what splotchy dark chocolate colored wrapper leaf showing no major veining or flaws.

Post light:

This cigar started out after a quick light with my triple flame torch very smooth with the flavors of milk caramel and a hint of cedar wood on the retrohale. Around the end of the first third the taste of sweet clover and a touch of honey appeared. The hint of cedar remained barely noticeable. In the last third the strength picked up a bit and most of the sweet flavors were replaced by a very apparent woodsy flavor and peat. Over all a great smoke.

Conclution:

This complex smoke was as smooth as silk the whole way through. Producing a fair amount of creamy smoke. Building in strength but never bitter or harsh. I would say the strength averaged a 6+ and the bold flavor was a good solid 6 as well. The burn was not perfect but was pretty even and defanently nothing to complain about. If you like fuller bodied cigars with lots of unique flavor this one is for you. You can bet your bottom dollar that I nubed this one.
[Reply]
Ratters 01:35 AM 02-11-2009
I like these. Nice review. :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:55 AM 02-11-2009
i guess this J. Fuego business is supposed to be the new "hot ticket" for 2009.

I smoked one two weeks ago at my local B&M. It was a good cigar.. it was not a good 11 dollar cigar. if it were 7 bucks i'd buy again.
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:10 AM 02-11-2009
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Langod 09:52 AM 02-11-2009
These are pretty good. I've had a couple. Seems like a fairly consistent brand.
I actually met Jesus Fuego at a local B&M last year. Nice guy.

Unless their prices have gone up, I think these should normally be in the $7 or $8 range and are pretty good for that price. $11 is too much though.
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:55 AM 02-11-2009
Yeah if i recall correctly i did pay over 10 for one... i thought the eaxact number was 11. like i said... solid 7 dollar smoke.
[Reply]
karmaz00 10:13 AM 02-11-2009
thanks for the review
[Reply]
Good_Stogies_Mon 03:12 PM 02-11-2009
Thanks for all the comments guys,

I think I gave in the $7-$8 dollar range and I agree that they are worth it. I would say $11 is a bit more than I would want to pay.
[Reply]
Darrell 03:19 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
Yeah if i recall correctly i did pay over 10 for one... i thought the eaxact number was 11. like i said... solid 7 dollar smoke.
I doubt it.

We sell it for $9.89 and we are in CA with a tobacco tax that is 45.13%. Ohio only has a 17% tobacco tax. :-)
[Reply]
Up