Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Oliva Serie V Robusto
Chris. 08:07 PM 06-23-2009
Today I smoked a Robusto sized V in a Blind Taste Test from Savor The Stick. Here is my blind review:

It was a quad capped, dark, toothy cigar. About 5 or 6" long and 56ish rg. It smelled delicious. Good construction with no really soft spots. It cut without damaging the wrapper.

LOTS of initial spice that lasted for roughly 7 puffs or 1/8th". Takes multiple puffs to intensify the spice. Nutty flavors in the draw with a light chocolate flavors on the finish. There is something undesirable on the exhale. Not sure what flavor that is. Maybe ammonia...It burned well and even. Good amounts of smoke.

Halfway through I got little to no flavors and never got new flavors. I smoked it until 1" was left and it never changed. It gave me a heavy buzz, but I also smoked it on an empty stomach. Overall, it was okay, but was not impressive.

Chris.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 09:06 PM 06-23-2009
Nice review Chris. It is a great smoke, great pictures.
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:09 PM 06-23-2009
Nice review. I really like this cigar.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 10:48 PM 06-23-2009
Great review and pictures (as usual). I love these, especially the Torp. :-)
[Reply]
bigloo 11:28 PM 06-23-2009
Behind the Special S the best Oliva! Love all the Vs. Great review.
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:40 PM 06-23-2009
I had the belicoso yesterday, and I love the lanceros and figuardos!!!

I haven't had the robusto... I think!!!

Thanks for the review!!! Great photos!!!

I hope you get a good one next time!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Chris. 08:15 AM 06-24-2009
Thanks guys! I have a Torpedo and a Figurado in my cooler, I'm going to have to smoke soon to compare. I don't remember the last ones I've had tasting like this.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 12:12 PM 06-24-2009
Haven't had the robusto, but love the torpedo and belicoso. Great pics!
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 12:54 PM 06-25-2009
Nice review, thanks for sharing the pics as well. I have yet to try the V in this size, looking forward to it. Every time that I've had this stick, it's always been the lancero size.
[Reply]
Up