Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Question about boxes and rollers
sikk50 01:10 PM 07-12-2010
We all know there are inconsistencies through out the cigars in any given box, and I always assumed that all the cigars in a box were rolled by the same roller. However I was going through some old pics and saw a box of Taboo Twists with some of the Barbar poles twisting the opposite way which if I recall was bc some of the rollers were left handed. So on to the question, how common is it that a box of cigars were all rolled by the same roller? Is it pretty much only special edition htf type cigars or does it just never happen?

Random thought I know but one I've never really seen addressed.
[Reply]
md4958 01:13 PM 07-12-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
We all know there are inconsistencies through out the cigars in any given box, and I always assumed that all the cigars in a box were rolled by the same roller. However I was going through some old pics and saw a box of Taboo Twists with some of the Barbar poles twisting the opposite way which if I recall was bc some of the rollers were left handed. So on to the question, how common is it that a box of cigars were all rolled by the same roller? Is it pretty much only special edition htf type cigars or does it just never happen?

Random thought I know but one I've never really seen addressed.
cigars are sorted by color in regards to habanos, so i guess it could be possible that every cigar in a box rolled by a different roller...
[Reply]
shilala 01:58 PM 07-12-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
cigars are sorted by color in regards to habanos, so i guess it could be possible that every cigar in a box rolled by a different roller...
Agreed. Or at least some part by different rollers.
In mega mass produced NC's, who knows? It'd depend on how many rollers were on the same cigar. If a hundred were working on the same blend, I imagine they'd all get gathered up and boxed in another area.
I'd think they'd get mixed up a lot.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 02:10 PM 07-12-2010
Wrapper leaves have a top and bottom and are split down the middle so there is a left and right side. A left one rolls the opposite of a right one so half end up one way and half the other.
And what Scott said.
[Reply]
Up