Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Home Protection Firearm
Ratters 05:29 PM 03-12-2011
Everyone has a differnt level of what is comfortable for them. I have a couple defense type shotguns but I keep a pistol by the bed, it's much more portable and easy to access quickly, especially if I need to move around the house. But go with what makes you comfortable. I also reccommend 9mms to my friends as the ammo is a lot cheaper so you are a lot more likely to practice with it. And since it is for home defense get a full size gun if you go handgun. Much more recoil friendly and you have a longer sight picture. Find a range that rents guns and try to find one that works for you. Most let you try shotguns as well. But go and practice practice practice. And when you are at home, dry fire practice is really helpful. Trains you muscles without flinching due to the recoil.
[Reply]
KenS 05:43 PM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Your wife might like this model esp. for the ladies:

Can she just come stay at my house to protect us? :-)
[Reply]
loki 06:05 PM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I would also suggest at least .40 caliber for adequate stopping power.
you do realize that with modern ballistics that 9, 40, 357sig, 45, and 10mm rounds have about the same effectiveness right?
[Reply]
hotreds 06:13 PM 03-12-2011
I actually keep a snubnose police .38 revolver in my nightstand drawer, hopefully will never need it!
[Reply]
Stephen 06:30 PM 03-12-2011
I just hang this on my front door. No problems as of yet:

[Reply]
icehog3 06:42 PM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
you do realize that with modern ballistics that 9, 40, 357sig, 45, and 10mm rounds have about the same effectiveness right?
Not too familiar with the science of it, I was basing my statement off what I have seen in my field, hands-on experience from my comrades in firefights. But I am definitely not schooled enough on the lab-testing part of it to debate your statement. :-)
[Reply]
ATobin 09:57 PM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Not too familiar with the science of it, I was basing my statement off what I have seen in my field, hands-on experience from my comrades in firefights. But I am definitely not schooled enough on the lab-testing part of it to debate your statement. :-)
:-)

Oh and 1 vote for the Saiga 12.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:31 AM 03-13-2011
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Me: Mossberg 500 for house. Smith and Wesson Airweight 38 for going out.
:-) Mine exactly.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up