Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Thinking about retiring my desktop humidor...
Bunker 07:00 AM 03-11-2011
...and just going all coolidor all the time.

I only have a small 50-ct, and up until now I would keep the cigars I was likely to smoke now in the humidor and keep boxes and the oddball singles that needed to rest in the cooler.

But, no one but me ever sees the humidor, the cooler is easier to maintain RH and with the new addition of some cedar trays it is much easier to organize singles.

I am starting to see very little value in maintaining the desktop at all.

Maybe I'll just turn it into my quarantine/dry box :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 07:28 AM 03-11-2011
About one sentence in I was going to suggest to just use it as a quarantine/dry box and not to just put it aside unused...but you said it at the end.

That's what I plan on doing once I get my chasidor drawers in...won't have any need of a singles box anymore.
[Reply]
jmsremax 07:31 AM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by Bunker:
...and just going all coolidor all the time.

I only have a small 50-ct, and up until now I would keep the cigars I was likely to smoke now in the humidor and keep boxes and the oddball singles that needed to rest in the cooler.

But, no one but me ever sees the humidor, the cooler is easier to maintain RH and with the new addition of some cedar trays it is much easier to organize singles.

I am starting to see very little value in maintaining the desktop at all.

Maybe I'll just turn it into my quarantine/dry box :-)
I hear you Rick. My desktop is a PITA to keep stable in the winter. For now I still use it for my singles, but anything that I want to let rest goes into the cooler. It stays within 62-64% RH for months without having to recharge the beads.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:11 AM 03-11-2011
Keep old cigar boxes instead of the trays.
[Reply]
jledou 08:26 AM 03-11-2011
Retired my desktop last summer and now it only holds empty tubes. Works well for that ... really I haven't missed it and humidity has been a lot easier to maintain over the dead of winter and middle of summer.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:33 AM 03-11-2011
I use one of my desktops as my "today's smoke" holder. It's right next to my chair in my smoking room, so makes it very convenient.
[Reply]
Bunker 08:44 AM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Keep old cigar boxes instead of the trays.
I had been doing that until I found some trays I like.

The trays are working much better and don't waste as much space.
[Reply]
Up