Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 67 of 67
« First < 1757656667
General Discussion>It's happend
dabigdog 09:00 AM 01-28-2009
taltos 09:01 AM 01-28-2009
Thanks for the response, you helped me make up my mind. I will still try to help where I can but unofficially.
croatan 09:08 AM 01-28-2009
I posted my thoughts in here yesterday--no need to reiterate.

But I just want to say that, honestly, at times, reading some of the vitriol in this thread, pms, and elsewhere was as painful as the thought of what's happened to our former home. While I don't agree with Jon's moves or intentions, it's his site and he can do with it what he likes. And, ultimately, threats and childish behavior only makes us look as bad as him.

Cigar boards are supposed to fun. We joined these to learn, meet people, and generally make our lives a little better. When they stop doing those things for us, they cease to serve a purpose. Let's get the Asylum back to where it's supposed to be.
floydp 09:18 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by croatan:

But I just want to say that, honestly, at times, reading some of the vitriol in this thread, pms, and elsewhere was as painful as the thought of what's happened to our former home. While I don't agree with Jon's moves or intentions, it's his site and he can do with it what he likes. And, ultimately, threats and childish behavior only makes us look as bad as him.

Cigar boards are supposed to fun. We joined these to learn, meet people, and generally make our lives a little better. When they stop doing those things for us, they cease to serve a purpose. Let's get the Asylum back to where it's supposed to be.
Gonna make it a priority James. Whats done is done.
SilverFox 09:19 AM 01-28-2009
Perhaps this is good a spot as any for one of my favorite quotes

"Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma by ones self or in the company of friends."

By its very nature Cigar smoking is about relaxation and time for reflection, while I will admit to having some emotion around what transpired I believe firmly that with what little time we have in life that the use of any of that time that involves negative energy is merely a waste.
pnoon 09:25 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by croatan:

James is wise.

To assist all of us in avoiding the temptation to continue here, I think this is as good a point as any to close this thread. Doing so will help all of us move on.
Page 67 of 67
« First < 1757656667
Up