Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Goviado....
coastietech 03:26 PM 09-30-2009
I was gifted one of these cigars and am currently smoking it now. This cigar kicks ass!!

I did a little research and found that they are made by Guillen Cigars. More research showed that it was made by a member here by the name Andy Madera.

I did a search but can't seem to find a website to buy more? I really would really like to get my hands on more whether I buy them or trade for them. Really great cigar!:-)
[Reply]
markem 03:30 PM 09-30-2009
You PM Andy and he'll guide you.

They are kick ash, aren't they. The newest vitola will be out soon (or maybe already is) and it is equally amazing - about half way between a goviado and a mir flor. We named them at a party on my patio, but I can't recall what the name is.
[Reply]
CigarNut 03:41 PM 09-30-2009
Mark is right -- PM Andy (his name is actually Andy Wood (Madera is spanish for Wood)). Andy is on the road so please be patient when trying to contact him.
[Reply]
coastietech 03:55 PM 09-30-2009
Will do thank you for the info... :-)
[Reply]
sofaman 04:36 PM 09-30-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
I was gifted one of these cigars and am currently smoking it now. This cigar kicks ass!!

I did a little research and found that they are made by Guillen Cigars. More research showed that it was made by a member here by the name Andy Madera.

I did a search but can't seem to find a website to buy more? I really would really like to get my hands on more whether I buy them or trade for them. Really great cigar!:-)
I totally agree with you I was lucky enough to pick up 8 a few weeks ago and they kick ass :-) If you find out where to get more let me know:-)
[Reply]
coastietech 05:02 PM 11-01-2009
I wanted to bump this to see if anyone could point me in the direction of some of these. I really would like to get more.

I PM'ed Andy about a month ago and haven't heard anything. If anyone knows where to get these please shoot me a PM. Thank you in advance.
[Reply]
markem 05:18 PM 11-01-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
I wanted to bump this to see if anyone could point me in the direction of some of these. I really would like to get more.

I PM'ed Andy about a month ago and haven't heard anything. If anyone knows where to get these please shoot me a PM. Thank you in advance.
PM Andy again - he just got back from the DR
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:20 AM 11-02-2009
Andy has been out of the country for a month.
[Reply]
Poronico 02:58 AM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Mark is right -- PM Andy (his name is actually Andy Wood (Madera is spanish for Wood)). Andy is on the road so please be patient when trying to contact him.
Andy is faking the funk with changing his name :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 05:53 AM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
PM Andy again - he just got back from the DR
Thank you. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:27 AM 11-06-2009
Do you and Andy manage to get in touch with each other?

I had a Goviado yesterday and throrougly enjoyed it :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 11:32 AM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Do you and Andy manage to get in touch with each other?

I had a Goviado yesterday and throrougly enjoyed it :-)
Yes... He is in the process of taking care of me.

For anyone that hasn't had one of these... GET ONE!!! Great smoke!:-):-)
[Reply]
Uflbassin 01:10 PM 11-06-2009
The Goviado blue is delicious. Try to pick up some Reserva Miraflors while you're at it.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:17 PM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by Uflbassin:
Try to pick up some Reserva Miraflors while you're at it.
I was just about to say that.

Never had the Goviado blue btw. Oh, I think Andy has some Casa Pineda left too, cigars specially blended and made for a fellow inmate, Aldrin Pineda aka S0leful 0ne. He also made "Don Fernando" cigars for me, but those are all sold.
[Reply]
coastietech 01:36 PM 11-06-2009
When I'm not so broke I'll have to talk to him about a bigger order... :-)
[Reply]
AndyMadera 11:59 PM 11-13-2009
hey guys, I just found this thread! Ya, I just got back from the DR a little while ago. I have some Goviado Blue on its way to me right now actually. Ill let you know when it gets here.

The cigar markem is refering to is called Desconocidos, and it means "the unkown" in spanish. Its my favorite cigar that we have made so far. IF you have gotten one, it would have been unbanded and in a red box labled sampler. There are none left. Ill make more when funding allows!

As to my name being Andy Madera. I actually didnt give myself that name to sound more spanish. I have been involved with a group of exchange students since 2001. They are the ones who gave me that name and it just stuck. they still call me Mr Madera all the time in messages and such. Rafael Guillen was also a member of this program.

Don, you will have some very shortly!

Andy
[Reply]
The EVP 07:03 AM 11-14-2009
Originally Posted by AndyMadera:
hey guys, I just found this thread! Ya, I just got back from the DR a little while ago. I have some Goviado Blue on its way to me right now actually. Ill let you know when it gets here.

The cigar markem is refering to is called Desconocidos, and it means "the unkown" in spanish. Its my favorite cigar that we have made so far. IF you have gotten one, it would have been unbanded and in a red box labled sampler. There are none left. Ill make more when funding allows!

As to my name being Andy Madera. I actually didnt give myself that name to sound more spanish. I have been involved with a group of exchange students since 2001. They are the ones who gave me that name and it just stuck. they still call me Mr Madera all the time in messages and such. Rafael Guillen was also a member of this program.

Don, you will have some very shortly!

Andy
Can you tell the rest of us where we can get them and the approximate cost?
[Reply]
macpappy 07:37 AM 11-14-2009
Hey Joe!
If you do facebook, Guillen Cigars has a nice group page that you can join.

Joe
[Reply]
AndyMadera 01:49 PM 11-14-2009
Hey EVP, the Reserva Miraflor you can get from these shops or send me a PM if they arent to close to you and I can help you find some online. the Resera MiraFlor is between $7-8 in the shops for singles. The Goviado blue isnt available in NY so if thats what you wanted send me a PM as well and we can work something out.

James & Sons Tobacconists
360 Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
(518) 581-7274

Cigar Landing
NYC, NY

Fat Jake's Cigar
14 S Buffalo St
Hamburg, NY 14075-6261
(716) 646-6336

Feel free to invite me on facebook as well.
[Reply]
AndyMadera 10:33 PM 11-14-2009
EVP, $5 a stick on the Goviado Blue

Robusto
Toro
Belicoso
Lancero
6 x 60
[Reply]
Up