Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Jokes>Urine -or- you're out.
RevSmoke 06:37 PM 01-23-2013
I have a job.

I work, they pay me.

I pay my taxes & the government Distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes To people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check Because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTT----doing drugs while I work..

Can you imagine how much money each state would save If people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could call the program"URINE OR YOU'RE OUT"!

P.S. Just a thought, all politicians should have to pass a urine test too!....
[Reply]
Robulous78 06:41 PM 01-23-2013
:-) :-) :-) And I AGREE!!!!
[Reply]
Steve 07:11 PM 01-23-2013
Todd's on a roll tonight!

:-):-)
[Reply]
big_jaygee 07:37 PM 01-23-2013
hahahaha :-) :-) :-) i agree 100% Rev

also if you do pass the test and you are physically able to.... at least hit the highway and pick up trash for 5-8 hours a day, volunteer at a library... point is DO SOMETHING
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:14 AM 01-24-2013
Catchy title!!!:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:20 AM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by big_jaygee:

also if you do pass the test and you are physically able to.... at least hit the highway and pick up trash for 5-8 hours a day, volunteer at a library... point is DO SOMETHING
I do believe that if you do NOT pass the test, you may also volunteer to pick up trash on the highway... we'll even provide an orange jumpsuit for you to keep you visible.
[Reply]
shilala 08:07 AM 01-24-2013
I like it, brother. :-)
I gotta admit that it scares me. Reason being, I also have to take drug tests (I don't even drink, for crying out loud) and the tests cost $1200 a crack.
Imagine what those tests will cost when this gets implemented?
Now consider how many people actually do drugs. I don't believe they do drugs any more than the average Joe, and I've heard it was less than the general population, but let's figure it's maybe 10%?
We have to test every one of them.
I'm absolutely certain it'd cost WAY more to drug test everybody than to just buy the drugs.
I say we just give 'em a raise, cut our losses, call it a win, and be thankful out taxes only went up half of what they would have. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
hazydat620 08:54 AM 01-24-2013
I agree with your complaint rev, but I don't think drug testing would fix the problem. I worked in an industry where there were lots of randoms, all the time, but that didn't discouraged me from partaking in the things they were trying to prevent. Passing a drug test when your dirty is pretty easy nowadays, I did it for 10 yrs and could do it again. People will always find a way to get around it or a loop hole,especially the ones taking advantage now. another side would be that someone who has worked for many years, paying into these benefits from working a job that doesn't require drug testing, would not be able to qualify for these bene. cause he now has to take a drug test?that would seem a little less fair. not trying to start a debate here, just giving :-)
[Reply]
shilala 11:07 AM 01-24-2013
I will trade clean pee for cigars. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:32 PM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by hazydat620:
I agree with your complaint rev, but I don't think drug testing would fix the problem. I worked in an industry where there were lots of randoms, all the time, but that didn't discouraged me from partaking in the things they were trying to prevent. Passing a drug test when your dirty is pretty easy nowadays, I did it for 10 yrs and could do it again. People will always find a way to get around it or a loop hole,especially the ones taking advantage now. another side would be that someone who has worked for many years, paying into these benefits from working a job that doesn't require drug testing, would not be able to qualify for these bene. cause he now has to take a drug test?that would seem a little less fair. not trying to start a debate here, just giving :-)
It is a joke. I didn't even write it. It was an attempt at humor.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 01:19 PM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
It is a joke. I didn't even write it. It was an attempt at humor.
I thought you couldn't find the right sub-forum and stuck it here. :-)

I think the joke forum might need a sticky of where to find things that people can't mistake for anything but humor.
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:23 PM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by big_jaygee:

I would think that the people who get paid to do those jobs might object, they usually do.
[Reply]
hazydat620 05:14 PM 01-24-2013
lol, sorry, I hit whats new, and sometimes don't look to see sub forum. I guess I didn't take it that way cause I've met a lot of people with that view of fixing things, and they don't find any humor in it. whoops
[Reply]
Up