Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 robusto
Don Fernando 12:46 PM 09-07-2011
This is another Carlos Torano from the blowout sale that the Dutch distributer is holding. The Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 robusto is a 5x52 stick with a filler of Dominican, Mexican, Honduran, Nicaraguan and Costa Rican tobacco, a binder from Honduras and a dark natural Habano wrapper from Nicaragua. The cigars are produced in Honduras.

The box pressed cigar has a beautiful dark and oily wrapper with a thin vein. The construction feels a bit soft. The band is big and beautiful. I smell a barnyard and straw. The predraw is fine, I taste tobacco.

I taste an earthy flavour with a nice metallic flavour and a hint of chocolate. After half an inch I taste wood and some earthy flavour. The chocolate flavour has disappeared. The flavours are smooth and nice. Halfway I taste autumn flavours, wood and leaves with a mild chilli pepper on the background. In the aftertaste I notice some chocolate.

After two thirds I taste wood with leaves, the pepper and the chocolate have disappeared but the cigar is mild spicy.

The cigar lasted me an hour and forty minutes. I got a lot of smoke and the draw is great. The white as is firm. The burn is a bit crooked. This cigar is medium flavoured and medium bodied, I liked the flavours although the cigar is quite one dimensional and therefore a bit boring.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I want more

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8/ 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Up