Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>has anyone read this book?
karmaz00 09:44 PM 02-05-2009
Smoking Out a Killer
by Harry P. Lonsdale

about:Roll the Stogies...

Once, Nick Chase was a New York homicide detective. But he traded in the grime of the Naked City for a new life as the proprietor of a cigar store called The Happy Smoking Ground in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For fifteen years it's been paradise. But lately, there's been an unwelcome customer hanging around--called murder...... Roll the Film!

Movie producer Natalie Goodman has just begun filming a flick based on Nick Chase's first case, so she's invited a few people out to her New England island estate to celebrate with a weekend of cigars and murder. But she only planned a murder game, not to become the target of a murderer herself. There's no shortage of suspects: a major investor with whom she had a very intimate relationship, the hot young actor who's very eager to recover an incriminating videotape, the co-producer anxious to gain control of the studio, the writer who was shut out of onscreen credit. All these guests and more have plenty of reasons to smoke Natalie. But Nick better wrap this case fast--because as more bodies keep turning up, it's clear that somebody's bent on snuffing out a few aficionados! [via]

any thoughts i was going to buy it from amazon..
[Reply]
alley00p 10:32 PM 02-05-2009
Well, I just checked in my Cooperative catalog and our Michigan Library catalog, and no one has the book at this time.

Is this a brand new book?

Most of our libraries carry a bunch of mysteries, but I can't find it anywhere...

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
karmaz00 10:51 PM 02-05-2009
i think its a few years old..early 2000's
[Reply]
alley00p 11:12 AM 02-06-2009
I work in a library cooperative, and I was able to find the book in WorldCat, which is a library catalog that many libraries all across the U.S. subscribe to.

My Inter-library loan clerk ordered for me, so hopefully I'll have it to read in a few weeks. :-)

I can let you know what I think of it, once it shows up..... :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 11:16 AM 02-06-2009
I was able to find it on Advanced Book Exchange. It's a handy way to find hard-to-find or out-of-print books.
[Reply]
karmaz00 12:56 PM 02-06-2009
it sounds good, im trying to order it online right now
[Reply]
taltos 03:06 PM 02-06-2009
I would be curious to find out what the author's real name is. In the first four pages of a google search the only Harry P. Lonsdale was this thread.
[Reply]
Up