Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Casa Torano Toro
Kreth 02:06 PM 11-12-2009
I believe I picked this up in an S-CHIP sampler from the devil site.

Humidor time: 1 month

Prelight: The Connecticut wrapper has prominent veins, but construction looks great otherwise. Prelight draw is easy, tasting of cedar. Managed to mangle the cap with my cheapie Wolf cutter. I miss my Palio (hurry home, little guy!).

Burn: The burn was decent. A bit of unevenness, but manageable. Ash was solid and held on well. Draw was easy, tended to get hot in the final third unless I sipped at it. The burn time was about an hour.

Flavor: Cedar, some nuttiness. Very creamy. The flavor reminded me of the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, with much less of the spicy finish. This was pretty tasty for a mild smoke.

Summary: A bit milder than I normally smoke, but decent flavors. This would be a good smoke for my wussy golf buddies, who can't handle the stronger cigars I usually like. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:18 PM 11-12-2009
I love the maduro version of this stick!! Nice review Jeff!! :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 03:36 PM 11-12-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
There's a stretch... :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 03:39 PM 11-12-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
thats right, maduro all the way
[Reply]
roughrider 10:24 PM 11-12-2009
I found it to be a nice & mild cigar. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
covetry 07:25 AM 11-13-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
This would be a good smoke for my wussy golf buddies, who can't handle the stronger cigars I usually like. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey now, I can smoke the Camacho Triple Maduro's with the rest of them. I just prefer milder smokes. Easier on the palate.

Doesn't make me a wuss. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 08:17 AM 11-13-2009
Originally Posted by covetry:
Hey now, I can smoke the Camacho Triple Maduro's with the rest of them. I just prefer milder smokes. Easier on the palate.

Doesn't make me a wuss. :-)
I almost killed one of my golfing buddies with an OWR. He's a cigarette smoker, regularly smokes (and inhales) White Owls on the course. One night we were playing cards, and I busted out an RP sampler. He got about a third in, and started this godawful hacking. I talked to him the next day, and his wife had almost taken him to the ER, cause he started having chest pains.
So now when I bring smokes to share, it's milder stuff. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
OHRD 10:14 AM 11-13-2009
I actually smoked the Churchill last night and I thought it was excellent! Very creamy, slightest bit of pepper on foot, good burn, great draw...this is probably a box purchase for me.
[Reply]
Up