Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Padron 1964 anni torpedo
Don Fernando 06:55 AM 11-03-2009
To celebrate their 30 years anniversary Padron released the 1964 series, a limited release with Nicaraguan tobacco from their own farm. They released them with 2 different wrappers, a Nicaraguan maduro and a Nicaraguan Habano.

I decided to light up a torpedo with the Habano wrapper. The wrapper looks awesome, nice & dark, smooth and silky. The size of this baby is 6 x 52. It’s hard to measure the ring size as it is box pressed. The cigar has a barnyard aroma. The predraw is good and leaves a raisin flavor on my lips.

The cigar gives me a nice coffee flavor, quite full of strength and after a centimeter I also get some chocolate and a bit of a metallic flavor far far away in the aftertaste.

The chocolate becomes the dominant flavor and grows in strength with just a hint of coffee in the background. This is the flavor that sticks around till somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3rd of the cigar. There the support flavor turns to spices. The chocolate becomes very creamy and gets mixed up with some nut flavors.

This full flavored medium to full bodied cigar wowed me, what a flavors. I also got a lot of medium thick smoke and firm medium gray ash. The draw was good and I have nothing bad to say about the burn. Good quality stick.

Would I buy this cigar again? If I can find them reasonably priced, hell yeah! This is one of the best smokes I ever had.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 8 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 9 / 10
Aroma (last part) 8 / 10
[Reply]
RightAJ 07:21 AM 11-03-2009
Great review buddy! And yes they are fantastic :-)

aj
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:25 AM 11-03-2009
Ferdie.....just a scroll down to your last pic sez it all!.....Now THATS a NUB!! :-)
[Reply]
tuxpuff 08:32 AM 11-03-2009
Great review of a great smoke! Thanks!
[Reply]
Kreth 08:47 AM 11-03-2009
I snagged two of the maddies from Taboo a while back. Gifted one, smoked the other. I hate to say it, but after smoking mine, I kinda wished I hadn't given the other one away. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:31 AM 11-03-2009
and I kinda wished that you gave it to me :-) :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 09:43 AM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
and I kinda wished that you gave it to me :-) :-)
It actually went to MedicCook at a herf. He'd had a b'day *and* landed a new job just prior to the herf. To his credit, he turned me on to Kristoff maddies, so I figure we're even. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
boonedoggle 09:48 AM 11-03-2009
It's close between the PAMs vs. PANs on any given day for me.:-)
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 11:50 AM 11-03-2009
Sounds tasty! Nice review. I've only had the maduros before, and they are awesome smokes.
[Reply]
Up