Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>El Baton Robusto
4WheelVFR 07:59 PM 11-01-2009
I hadn't been to my B&M in quite a while, so I was looking for something a little different. The owner of this place usually is pretty consistent with his selection, but every now and then he brings something in that's a little different than the usual Fuente, Padron, Punch lineup. I noticed a few new brands that I'd not seen before and this one caught my eye.
Nothing flashy, but a nice looking presentation. Attractive box and band, the construction looked nice, and the price wasn't bad at $6 a stick. I decided to burn this one out on the porch this evening with a Fritz's Strawberry Pop and a Vince Flynn novel.
Upon lighting, I was rewarded with a near perfect draw and a pleasant coffee like taste, which is one of my preferred flavor profiles in a cigar. The flavor was unchanging for the most part throughout the cigar which was fine by me. It did get a little harsh a couple times, but I may have gotten a little over eager. The draw was the same the entire time as well as a nice even burn.
I believe this was my first cigar since July 4th and I was not dissapointed. Overall i would rate this cigar a 7/10. No complaints at all here. I will defintely make some room in the humi for a few more.
[Reply]
RightAJ 08:11 PM 11-01-2009
I have seen these somewher... Looks like its worth giving a try. Thanx for the review!

aj
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:12 PM 11-01-2009
I got one of these a couple months ago with a free coupon they gave out. I need to fire it up soon.
[Reply]
Smokemifugotem 08:23 PM 11-01-2009
not on my pc...but last time I checked...that coupon was still there. Check their site...not a bad stick...especially when it is free!
[Reply]
montecristo#2 09:27 PM 11-01-2009
I just grabbed one of these on Saturday. A figured since it is a Nicaraguan puro, I would give it a try. A Newman cigar not made by the Fuentes.

I have heard good things about the Brickhouse as well, so I grabbed a couple of those to go along with the El Baton.
[Reply]
shvictor 09:34 PM 11-01-2009
I really liked the one El Baton I smoked...Very good
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:34 AM 11-02-2009
The one I had was enjoyable.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:25 AM 11-02-2009
Thanks for the review. Picked one up on a whim last week and haven't tried it yet. Could be time. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 11:25 AM 11-02-2009
Thanks Ray, gonna have to try this one out soon! :-)
[Reply]
dannysguitar 04:29 PM 11-02-2009
The first of these I smoked was underwhelming, but the 2 after that were nice flavor and aroma. I would buy again... Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 06:57 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by montecristo#2:
I just grabbed one of these on Saturday. A figured since it is a Nicaraguan puro, I would give it a try. A Newman cigar not made by the Fuentes.

I have heard good things about the Brickhouse as well, so I grabbed a couple of those to go along with the El Baton.
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Thanks Ray, gonna have to try this one out soon! :-)
*cough cough* cyber herf *cough*
[Reply]
timo 07:00 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I got one of these a couple months ago with a free coupon they gave out. I need to fire it up soon.
:-)
[Reply]
timo 07:01 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by montecristo#2:

What is a Brickhouse?
[Reply]
Up