Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Alex Bradley Supervisor Selection - Bundle
Homebrewer 11:44 PM 04-03-2009
I ordered a couple of these bundles from the cigar monster.
Price: $29.99 for 20 cigars. Corona 43 X 5 1/2

This cigar was well rolled and felt smooth, solid and heavy in the hand. I didn't know much about this cigar when I bought the bunch, but it turned out to be a solid sender. The cigar was well constructed and had a slight burn issue in the beginning that worked itself out quickly.

As I smoked, I could taste a nice maduro flavor on my tongue. There was also a slight perfumy high note that was rather pleasant. Not much mid-range or complexity here. Did I have a "wow" moment? No, but it was a consistantly simple and good flavor all the way down to the nub. No sour or off flavors of any kind. If you're looking for a good daily maduro for $1.50 shipped, this one might be worthy of your consideration.

The next time these came up on Cigar Monster, I bought a bundle of the robustos 58 x 5. I think these are a step above the average bundle cigar. They are Woodsy Owl approved.
[Reply]
Homebrewer 06:46 AM 04-04-2009
Ha ha..I just noticed I said "Alex" not "Alec" Bradley. That's what I get for late night posting. I don't see an edit button.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:46 AM 04-04-2009
Originally Posted by Homebrewer:
Ha ha..I just noticed I said "Alex" not "Alec" Bradley. That's what I get for late night posting. I don't see an edit button.
I dont think you can edit thread titles.

Nice review though:-)
[Reply]
borndead1 08:30 AM 04-04-2009
Are these MAXX seconds, unbanded and bundled MAXX firsts, or a completely different line of cigars? Anybody know?

Famous' write up says: These dark, mysterious cigars are virtually identical to another fine Alec Bradley selection, but it's no mystery that the construction and flavor in these full-bodied bundle cigars is outstanding.

But that sounds pretty vague.
[Reply]
The Saint 09:02 AM 04-04-2009
I'm guessing MAXX seconds, all the sizes reflect regular MAXX. I just picked up 3 bundles of the robusto (5 x 58) at FSS' auction for $84, thought at that price what the hay I'll give them a whirl.
[Reply]
duckmanco 10:17 AM 04-04-2009
I was thinking, and hoping that these were the MAXX traditional corona seconds, as those sticks are powerhouses. I didn't PTG but I'm glad they seem to be decent.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 01:35 PM 04-04-2009
Nice review. Thanks for sharing!
[Reply]
bigheadmark 02:58 PM 09-27-2009
Originally Posted by The Saint:
I'm guessing MAXX seconds, all the sizes reflect regular MAXX. I just picked up 3 bundles of the robusto (5 x 58) at FSS' auction for $84, thought at that price what the hay I'll give them a whirl.
what's FSS auction?
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:17 PM 09-27-2009
Nice review.
[Reply]
borndead1 09:22 AM 09-28-2009
Originally Posted by bigheadmark:
what's FSS auction?

www.cigarauctioneer.com :-)
[Reply]
bigheadmark 04:33 PM 09-29-2009
thanks....just picked up a bundle of supervisor selections and Nic 3000's.....can't wait to get smoke 'em
[Reply]
kenstogie 04:37 PM 09-29-2009
I like most of the Alec Bradley line. Nice to see the bundle stix are a winner too.
[Reply]
Slavac 07:12 PM 09-29-2009
Amy picked up a bundle of these for me on CM a few days ago. Can't wait to try one.
[Reply]
Aldebaran 07:52 AM 09-30-2009
These have been on my to try list for a bit and I've always wondered about them. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
bigheadmark 11:37 AM 10-30-2009
I highly recommend the supervisor selection bundles...one of the best value smokes out there! I can't tell the difference between them and the MAXX
[Reply]
Kreth 11:58 AM 10-30-2009
Originally Posted by Homebrewer:
There's a limited editing window. I think the default is 20 minutes. You can report your post (exclamation point icon) and ask the mods to fix it for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
roughrider 01:03 PM 10-30-2009
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up