Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Would this be worth the asking price?
PearlS4 08:26 AM 10-18-2012
Currently only have a 150 ct that is stuffed now, and am planning on a wineador project. But I came across this cabinet for 100 bucks (this HAS to be a typo, if not I'm buying it today). Cigar Humidor in a cherry finish. Dimensions 36x14x72 Image

Anything to look for while checking it out? Besides the obvious door seals and such.
[Reply]
jluck 08:33 AM 10-18-2012
That's insanely cheap, get it and I will pay you double.
[Reply]
OLS 08:34 AM 10-18-2012
You seem to already know that it will likely not seal very well, and on top of that it might be unbelievably heavy.
If it's composite faux wood, you had better bring a friend to help you pick it up. All that said, if you HAVE a hundred
bucks, ehhh, we all buy something wacky in our cigar life. Me, heck no I would not buy it. You?? I have no idea.
There are people here that will tell you that they bought one just like it and its great. Tough decision to make.
Personally, I like an ice chest. But at least with this item if it doesn't SEAL, you have a knick-knack cabinet.
[Reply]
Brlesq 09:15 AM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
That's insanely cheap, get it and I will pay you double.
Unless it was previously used to store fish . . . :-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 09:28 AM 10-18-2012
Looks and sounds like a great deal... The seal can always be fixed or replace... :-)
[Reply]
gnbikes 12:35 PM 10-18-2012
I also saw this cabinet this morning. I was already to jump on it when I remembered that I already have a cabinet at home.......
Garry
[Reply]
jluck 12:53 PM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by Brlesq:
Unless it was previously used to store fish . . . :-)
Hell, I'd still want it. Just not if it had acid's in it though, fish guts I could live with, Acid's not.
[Reply]
PearlS4 01:23 PM 10-18-2012
Called the guy and talked to him a bit ago, I think I'm going to pass, even at $100. The trays/shelves/interior are made of RED cedar, of which I don't want. He said someone tried to refinish the exterior in the past and its got a sub-par job. That part is easily fixable for me, the wrong wood for the whole interior? Not so much. At least it was fun entertaining the idea of a cabinet!:-)
[Reply]
jluck 03:38 PM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by PearlS4:
Called the guy and talked to him a bit ago, I think I'm going to pass, even at $100. The trays/shelves/interior are made of RED cedar, of which I don't want. He said someone tried to refinish the exterior in the past and its got a sub-par job. That part is easily fixable for me, the wrong wood for the whole interior? Not so much. At least it was fun entertaining the idea of a cabinet!:-)
If this is a commercially made humidor I would bet It's Spanish cedar,the guy may be mistaken.
[Reply]
joeobx 04:55 PM 10-18-2012
I'm with Jared, if it's not to far I would go take a look at it for yourself. For 100 bucks if it doesn't have huge gaps in it a little elbow grease and some stain and you could have a nice cabinet.
[Reply]
Up