Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Atlanta Braves 2011 banter
shvictor 01:52 PM 01-02-2011
Here's to a great season with a new manager...
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:52 PM 01-02-2011
Tellin' ya Steve...Bobby is gonna be missed. :-)
[Reply]
shvictor 01:54 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Tellin' ya Steve...Bobby is gonna be missed. :-)
By the opposing teams. The game in many respects had passed him by. It was time for some new blood. I dont want anymore "players" managers. I want someone to hold these guys accountable. Bobby never did that.
[Reply]
MiamiE 01:56 PM 01-02-2011
Bobby wont be missed. Fredi Gonzalez is a GREAT, young manager. I am jealous you all got him. Wish him OR Girardi were still with the Marlins!
[Reply]
forgop 04:14 PM 01-02-2011
Have the Braves done anything about trying to help in the run support category? The starting rotation is good, but I get frustrated seeing all of the blown pitching performances because they don't do a very good job of winning the 2-1 type games IIRC.
[Reply]
shvictor 04:55 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
Have the Braves done anything about trying to help in the run support category? The starting rotation is good, but I get frustrated seeing all of the blown pitching performances because they don't do a very good job of winning the 2-1 type games IIRC.
Well they picked up Dan Uggla. Thats a heck of a start right there
[Reply]
Starscream 05:55 PM 01-02-2011
So is Chipper in or out for this year?
[Reply]
shvictor 06:07 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
So is Chipper in or out for this year?
He says he's coming back.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:54 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by shvictor:
He says he's coming back.
My condolences to you and the rest of the fans.

Chipper was awesome back in the day, but Jesus, hang it up already. Don't pull a Griffey Jr. No offense toward Chipper or any of his loyal fans.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 07:33 PM 01-02-2011
I was a Braves' fan for decades, but had to give up on them. Just got tired of the team roster changing every 3 months, and no longer knowing who was who or where they played. Just wasn't worth the $hit that John Schuerholzput the team and fans thru with the constant trading. Now, though they are the closest MLB team to me, and I have more Braves memorabilia than any other team, I just don't give a crap anymore. Which is sad, given the level of my past enjoyment of Braves baseball!
[Reply]
shvictor 07:35 PM 01-02-2011
The problem with the Braves is that they are now owned by a big corp. who doesnt give a rats butt about baseball. They need an owner like Ted Turner to come back. Paging Mark Cuban
[Reply]
awsmith4 06:55 AM 01-03-2011

ImageImage
[Reply]
GTsetGO 07:03 AM 01-03-2011
I followed the braves for years. But have kinda given up baseball the last few years.

Educate me on my "so called " team. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
awsmith4 07:59 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
I followed the braves for years. But have kinda given up baseball the last few years.

Educate me on my "so called " team. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Here's broad article on next season. Granted it was written for their site so it may show some bias

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/a...s_atl&c_id=atl
[Reply]
forgop 08:07 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I was a Braves' fan for decades, but had to give up on them. Just got tired of the team roster changing every 3 months, and no longer knowing who was who or where they played. Just wasn't worth the $hit that John Schuerholzput the team and fans thru with the constant trading. Now, though they are the closest MLB team to me, and I have more Braves memorabilia than any other team, I just don't give a crap anymore. Which is sad, given the level of my past enjoyment of Braves baseball!
I only follow a little since my cousin is married to one of the players. Went and watched a game last August and had some great seats behind home plate. She's done a great job hooking me up with tickets over the years. The stadium is nice, but nowadays, all of them are.

I'm the same way with Purdue football as you are with Braves baseball. Isn't apathy a wonderful thing?
[Reply]
Up