Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Does anyone Remember Joey Cora from 95
smelvis 11:55 PM 11-15-2010
Anyway we are remodeling our office and in my old office I have an Autographed Joey Cora Jersey Professionally Framed.

This is not a sale thread BTW

But I am wondering he is a nobody now never was a great star but he sure was important to our only real run at the play offs in 95 I was there and damn was that fun.

Anyway the boss asked if I wanted it and I said yeah maybe I could find a way to use it to raise stuff, cigars, cash whatever for the troops.

Does anyone have any idea's, die hard fans must be interested, Anyway if anyone has any advice LMK please.

Thanks

Dave
[Reply]
hotreds 05:54 AM 11-16-2010
Your best bet would be fleabay. I think they have free listings currently. And, yes, I do remember him!
[Reply]
boomerd35 06:52 AM 11-16-2010
Hate to say this, but my memory of him is crying on the bench after the Mariners lost that last game.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:31 AM 11-16-2010
Joey Cora was awesome! He was around back when the Mariners were good. Buhner, Griffey, and Johnson were my favs on that team. Alex Cora wasn't that bad either. I'd be willing to bet that there are some hardcore Seattle fans that would love to get there hands on it, but you probably won't get a whole lot.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:40 AM 11-16-2010
I remember Joey Cora, mostly for the Sox though. He is a coach for them now.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:52 AM 11-16-2010
He was a "gamer"!! :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:55 AM 11-16-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2rSo8opS1U

He translates too!

:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Sled Dog 10:37 AM 11-17-2010
Hard to believe that was 15 years ago already....
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:40 AM 11-17-2010
His brother, Alex, was a utility infielder for the Red Sox. Good glove, good foot work.
[Reply]
smelvis 11:12 AM 11-17-2010
Thanks all

Yeah he was known for that crying incident when we finally lost in the Play offs that year LOL. It is authentic but not game worn as I can see anyway, It has the 20th year Mariner patch on one side and the Jackie Robinson 50 years patch on the other and the closest we ever came to having exciting baseball here. They got 6 years or more of seasons tickets buying all from the old king dome days when it was $14 for great seats to Safeco field where well you know still fun but way to much money and losing gets old. Never again I',m sorry to say :-)

Thanks Guy's

It was purchased directly from the mariners and has the documents on the back of the frame saying so, Great for a die hard but realize he is not a star player he was here to many, If he wouldn't have cried my boss would have bought a Griffy and it wouldn't be so hard to get rid off actually it was a charity auction so it's all good, except I still need to find a way to get the troops something for it.

Thanks Again!
[Reply]
Lumpold 11:32 AM 11-17-2010
I don't know exactly how Craig's list works, but couldn't you barter it for stuff on there?
[Reply]
Starscream 12:14 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by smelvis:
Thanks all

Yeah he was known for that crying incident when we finally lost in the Play offs that year LOL. It is authentic but not game worn as I can see anyway, It has the 20th year Mariner patch on one side and the Jackie Robinson 50 years patch on the other and the closest we ever came to having exciting baseball here. They got 6 years or more of seasons tickets buying all from the old king dome days when it was $14 for great seats to Safeco field where well you know still fun but way to much money and losing gets old. Never again I',m sorry to say :-)

Thanks Guy's

It was purchased directly from the mariners and has the documents on the back of the frame saying so, Great for a die hard but realize he is not a star player he was here to many, If he wouldn't have cried my boss would have bought a Griffy and it wouldn't be so hard to get rid off actually it was a charity auction so it's all good, except I still need to find a way to get the troops something for it.

Thanks Again!
you could do a bit of research, find one of the troops who is a Mariners fan, and send it to him. Might take a bit of time, but not a whole lot of work.
[Reply]
mikethegoalie32 11:17 AM 11-30-2010
I remember him from N64 Ken Griffey Baseball (one of the best baseball games ever!). He was top of my lineup!
[Reply]
Up