Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Movies for Teens?
BlackDog 08:49 AM 09-25-2009
I'm taking a day off of work and was thinking of suprising my 13 y/o son by taking him to a movie. I'm so out of touch I don't even know what's out there currently. Any good recommendations for movies in the theater you'd take a 13 y/o boy to see? Limited cussing, no nudity. Thanks! :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:52 AM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
I'm taking a day off of work and was thinking of suprising my 13 y/o son by taking him to a movie. I'm so out of touch I don't even know what's out there currently. Any good recommendations for movies in the theater you'd take a 13 y/o boy to see? Limited cussing, no nudity. Thanks! :-)
Sadly 13 year olds already know way too much about cussing and nudity..

I know you wanna surprise him but ask him what he would like to do..maybe the driving range or go carts...something interactive for both of ya.:-)
[Reply]
Blindjimme 09:52 AM 09-25-2009
^ That is a great idea. Bao, in touch with his inner 13 year old :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 09:54 AM 09-25-2009
Not really any movies out that are good for that category...

Either too kiddy, or too adult. Not much in the middle.

+1 for Boa's suggestions :-)

Go hit some golf balls. Cheap and good fun.
[Reply]
BlackDog 10:13 AM 09-25-2009
Actually, we've decided to go camping, just overnight. I'll pick him up at 3:30 and we'll head to a place about an hour or so away, in WI. There's a place there where we can plink with the .22 rifle. Mess around for the day, but have to be home for a gathering tomorrow evening. Should be fun.
[Reply]
Mugen910 10:14 AM 09-25-2009
I find that as I get older I wished there was more interactive things that I did with my dad...even something simple like helping build or repair something. They are easier remembered.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 10:46 AM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I find that as I get older I wished there was more interactive things that I did with my dad...even something simple like helping build or repair something. They are easier remembered.
:-) :-)

Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Actually, we've decided to go camping, just overnight. I'll pick him up at 3:30 and we'll head to a place about an hour or so away, in WI. There's a place there where we can plink with the .22 rifle. Mess around for the day, but have to be home for a gathering tomorrow evening. Should be fun.
That definitely sounds like fun and he's sure to remember that outing years from now. :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 02:30 PM 09-27-2009
We had fun. Camped light, fished a bit in the evening, and shot the rifle for a while on Saturday. Shot a few hundred rounds at cans, paper targets, and those orange spinner targets. Rained a bit overnight, but everything dried out by the time we packed up. Good dad & son fun.
[Reply]
Up