Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Disney/Pixar's UP (2009)
Darrell 06:11 PM 05-29-2009
Today Danielle and I caught a quick movie after she got off work. We decided to see the long anticipated latest offering from Disney/Pixar, UP. We opted to see in the 3D which most people think is really cool, but honestly I did not see a huge difference with it. A few parts stood out as being true 3 dimensional, but with todays technology in cinema, especially complete CGI films is very high tech and renders beautifully without making it 3D and adding an extra $3 to the price of tickets.

UP takes you on the adventure of a life time with Carl and Russell as they encounter a crazy bird, a talking dog, and a maniacal adventurer. This film has a little bit of something for everyone from romance to action to BIG LAUGHS and even some sad parts. Danielle cried a lot during this movie. I thought that it was really well done, the story was creative and interesting and the characters were fun and did not disappoint. I was really amazed that this was not full of voice acting from BIG STARS, for the most parts it was people I’ve not heard of with the exception of Ed Asner. In all honesty I have no idea who that is, just that I know the name.

UP will give you big laughs, deliver a great story, and maybe even make you cry a little. I recommend this to anyone who likes the aforementioned and especially to families.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:14 PM 05-29-2009
Great review "mean" Darrell....tough guy going to see a disney film...COOL!!
[Reply]
kaisersozei 06:46 PM 05-29-2009
Nice review, I'm interested in seeing this.

Originally Posted by Darrell:
I was really amazed that this was not full of voice acting from BIG STARS, for the most parts it was people I’ve not heard of with the exception of Ed Asner. In all honesty I have no idea who that is, just that I know the name.
I thought everyone would know who Ed Asner was. Man, do I feel old. :-)

He's done tons of stuff, but is mostly known for his role on the Mary Tyler Moore Show back in the '70s.

The 1970s, that is. :-)
[Reply]
G G 07:14 PM 05-29-2009
Cool review Darrell.:-)
[Reply]
Up