Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Happy Retirement TkiHut27
Conch Republican 11:15 PM 07-08-2011
Today we celebrate the retirement of Geoffrey S. Milligan, CPT (Ret). 22 years of service with the Army National Guard. Captain Milligan has received several awards in the service of our nation and in his trips to both Iraq and Afghanistan. From carrying out his everyday duties, looking after his soldiers, providing refuge for Privates and Generals alike by establishing the Tiki Hut ('Stan) and earning his Combat Infantry Badge (Iraq) -he has seen the best and the worst humanity has to offer. Never wavering, he handled it all, and now goes quietly into private life, with a new job - but carrying and exuding the excellence he has learned, and exemplifies.
I know that I am but 1 of many who sleep at night under the blanket of freedom provided by Captain Milligan and all the others in the armed services and I can never say Thank You enough.

Thank you Geoffrey for your service!
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:26 PM 07-08-2011
Thank you Geoffrey.
[Reply]
Remo 11:37 PM 07-08-2011
Thank you sir and way to go :-) Enjoy
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:56 PM 07-08-2011
Thank you for your service to our great Country Geoffrey, and I hope retirement treats you well:-)

[Reply]
icehog3 12:00 AM 07-09-2011
Congratulations and Thank You, Captain. :-)
[Reply]
CasaDooley 01:58 AM 07-09-2011
Bravo Zulu Dai uy! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:46 AM 07-09-2011
Thank You For Your Service, Captain, & Enjoy Your New Life!:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:34 AM 07-09-2011
Congrats on your retirement and THANK YOU for your service brother. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Conch Republican 11:26 AM 07-09-2011
I hacked, er got into Geoffrey's resume and found this:
List of awards
Army Commendation Medal (One Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster), Army Achievement Medal, Reserve Components Achievement Medal (One Silver Oak Leaf Cluster and One Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster), National Defense Service Medal (One Bronze Service Star), Afghanistan Campaign Medal (One Bronze Campaign Star), Iraq Campaign Medal (Two Bronze Campaign Stars), Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal (M Device/Silver Hourglass), Army Service Ribbon, Army Overseas Service Ribbon, Reserve Components Overseas Training Ribbon, Non-Article 5 ISAF NATO Medal, NYS Long & Faithful Service Award (Three Silver Shields), NYS Defense of Liberty (WTC Device), NYS Medal for Merit (1 Gold Shield), NYS Conspicuous Service Star, NYS Exercise Support Ribbon, NYS Humane Service to NYS Medal, Meritorious Unit Citation
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 12:01 PM 07-09-2011
Congratulations Geoffrey on a long and distinguished career.
[Reply]
Tikihut27 12:47 PM 07-10-2011
Mark is too kind. Bottom line is there was a job to do and I did it. I was paid.

In my mind, selfless service is when you don't have to do something, and it may cost you time and/or money to do it, but you do it anyway. For examples of what I mean, please visit the Troop Support section of this forum.

Thank you all for the kind words and for your support over the last three + years.
[Reply]
hotreds 12:52 PM 07-10-2011
[Reply]
Tikihut27 01:25 PM 07-10-2011
Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
Bravo Zulu Dai uy! :-)
Ga mug!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:59 PM 07-10-2011
Thanks for your service. Congratulations on your retirement.

May the Lord bless you richly as you move into the private sector!

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 06:20 PM 07-10-2011
Congratulations:-):-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 06:46 PM 07-10-2011
Congratulations and thank you for your service.
[Reply]
Up