Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>LFD Air Bender 'Busto
SmokinApe 09:32 AM 05-31-2011
This is a Litto Gomez La Flor Dominicana Robusto sized Air Bender, I was gifted this by a good friend some time ago and forgot about it until another friend reviewed a few of these for his blog. His reviews made my mouth water so I decided to dig this out an put a fire to her…

By all accounts is appears to be a well constructed cigar with Dominican binder and filler that is draped in a "Habano" wrapper. It's hard to determine what is exactly a "Habano" wrapper these days but I will go out on a limb and assume (in this case) it's a Corillo / Corojo hybrid Dominican grown leaf. In any event it's a handsome wrapper that has a rich scent of; tobacco, leather and hint of cedar. Looking at the foot I can see the bunching is about right with a bit of the dark stuff in there…

As always my Gen 2 Palio cutter make short work of this well constructed cap. The pre-light draw is appropriate and I taste slight pepper and raisin as I gently pull air through the bender. Next I break out my midnight blue PB-207 Blazer and effortlessly toast the foot of this cigar like a boss…

As expected with a Litto Gomez product I am immediately welcomed into a full body and smoke laden cloud of straight up goodness. I am quickly enjoying it's strong leather and pepper flavors as I take a few man sized puffs and retro-hale into the dark night.

Enjoying this cigar so much I almost forgot that I had the foresight to pair this with a top notch beverage, a triple hop brewed 4 time World Beer Cup gold medal winning Miller "MF'ing" Lite. Actually I paired it with about 6 of them…

The clean crisp appropriately hopped Miller Lite did a fantastic job of cleansing and refreshing my well developed palate making each new puff from the Air Bender like the first.

I really enjoyed smoking this cigar and would characterize it as a full bodied and well balanced cigar that developed very nicely. Throughout the smoke I detected tones of; pepper, raisin, cedar and some almond. The construction was impeccable with an almost too perfect draw, cool slow burn and a great ash…

Even though I don't routinely smoke Dominican cigars I can see myself picking a few of these up the next time I stop by the local B&M…
[Reply]
68TriShield 09:34 AM 05-31-2011
Thanks for the review.

Now where are my boots? :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 09:47 AM 05-31-2011
Love them.
[Reply]
Apoco 10:01 AM 05-31-2011
mmmmmm...air bender :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]