Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Flor Dominicana Factory Press II prensado
Don Fernando 03:19 AM 05-15-2011
This La Flor Dominicana factory press II prensado is 6¼ inch long and has a ring of 54, although that is hard to find out due to the wonderful but strange shape of the cigar. The bottom part of the cigar is box pressed but the top is straight out flat, pressed in the factory, hence the name. It is quite unique, but it works well. The shape combined with the darkness of the wrapper make the cigar look like a chocolate bar.

As I said, the wrapper is dark, shiny and oily with a few veins. The construction feels good and I smell wood. The predraw is fine and I taste wood with raisin.

I taste a mild peppery coffee which turns into wood with lots of pepper quickly. After three quarters of an inch I taste earth with herbs, both mild spicy, with some chocolate in the back of my throat.

The herbal flavor grows in strength and once I passed the middle of the cigar I also get some dark chocolate in the aftertaste. The chocolate fades away and all I taste is herbs with pepper.

This cigar lasted me for two hours. The draw was great, just like the burn. I got enough smoke, but it could have been thicker. The medium gray ash is frayed but firm. This cigar is full flavored and very full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I might, if I can find some for a decent price

Appearance: 9 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:59 AM 05-15-2011
These are damn tasty!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 04:25 PM 05-15-2011
I must try one of these....thanks for the review.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:35 AM 05-16-2011
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:03 PM 05-16-2011
Thanks for the review, Ferdie! I've got one of these in the humi that was bombed to me by timo. Been trying to save it for the right occasion, but I don't know, might have to fire it up; they sounds frickin' yummy!
[Reply]
Duke9192 05:00 PM 05-16-2011
LFD's are a good stick. Haven't had this one. Looks like I need to check it out.
[Reply]
Up