Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>New Ashtray Idea
theoneandonly 08:51 PM 12-06-2010
Here are pics of the final prototype. I am still working on the final pricing and a place to do the fabricating. If anyone is interested, I will take pre-orders but will not be able to delver till January or February of 2010. If you want one that badly, and I get at least 15 to 20 pre-orders, I can do them for $40-$60. If you pre-order and can wait till I get the production cost down, it will be less. Again, I am still working on final pricing and hope to have it done soon. I will keep everyone who is interested updated as much as I can. If you would like to pre-order send me a PM. No payment is required until I give confirmation on the pricing. I would like to get a number as to how many I need to have made by the end of the month.
Attached: photo (7).JPG (81.3 KB) photo (6).JPG (81.6 KB) photo (5).JPG (68.9 KB) photo (4).JPG (64.7 KB) photo (3).JPG (61.3 KB) 
[Reply]
theoneandonly 08:52 PM 12-06-2010
Originally Posted by DonAustin:
:-) When i read that I thought the same thing, looking forward to the new pics though.
Ever have a cigar slip all the way into the ashtray?
[Reply]
T.G 09:08 PM 12-06-2010
Originally Posted by theoneandonly:
I will take pre-orders but will not be able to delver till January or February of 2010.

It's just a jump to the left

And then a step to the right

With your hands on your hips

You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane
Let's do the Time Warp again
Let's do the Time Warp again...
[Reply]
theoneandonly 09:23 PM 12-06-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
It's just a jump to the left

And then a step to the right

With your hands on your hips

You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane
Let's do the Time Warp again
Let's do the Time Warp again...

oops...meant 2011....Boy I suck with this year thing...
[Reply]
T.G 09:50 PM 12-06-2010
oops...meant 2011....Boy I suck with this year thing...

[Reply]
GolfNut 09:52 PM 12-06-2010
I liked that show!
[Reply]
T.G 10:23 PM 12-06-2010
Originally Posted by GolfNut:
I liked that show!
Yes, I liked it too. (stress the past tense).

Past tense. Christopher Eccleston is a wonderfully talented actor, and anyone less than his caliber could never have brought the show back from the graveyard, but as much as I loved the old Doctor WHO, I ended up tuning out mid season with Eccleston and have never seen an episode with Tennant nor whomever replaced him. Too much CGI, not enough cheese. I miss the campyness, low budget production, 4, 5, 6, 10 episode story arc scripts...
[Reply]
Kreth 10:42 PM 12-06-2010
Christopher Eccleston is a wonderfully talented actor, and anyone less than his caliber could never have brought the show back from the graveyard, but as much as I loved the old Doctor WHO, I ended up tuning out mid season with Eccleston and have never seen an episode with Tennant nor whomever replaced him.
Someone else played the Doctor besides Tom Baker? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DonAustin 01:29 PM 12-07-2010
Ever have a cigar slip all the way into the ashtray?
I can honestly say I haven't but I'm sure now you just jinxed the hell out of me and it will happen soon.:-) It looks good man, I am concerned it may be too big though from the pictures, does it not swallow the cigar to the point you have to slide the cigar out?
[Reply]
theoneandonly 01:46 PM 12-07-2010
Originally Posted by DonAustin:
I can honestly say I haven't but I'm sure now you just jinxed the hell out of me and it will happen soon.:-) It looks good man, I am concerned it may be too big though from the pictures, does it not swallow the cigar to the point you have to slide the cigar out?
Take into consideration the largest ring gauge that you could buy. Then look at all the ashtrays that you see. There really isn't one on the market that can take those big gauges very well.

Also with an "average" size cigar placed in the holder, there is no problem with getting your fingers around the cigar to pick it up again. When you place a 36-40 gauge cigar in it, the sides come up to even with the top of it. It is wide enough to fit even the largest gauge cigars.

With the length of the holder, being able to set down even the longest cigars is no problem. Even if you have thick fingers.
[Reply]
theoneandonly 02:18 PM 12-07-2010
This image might help you out with your concern.

[Reply]
DonAustin 08:35 PM 12-07-2010
Oh ok, yeah that picture helps alot. Well when you get all the logistics figured out I'd consider buying one. Not that I need one, but I'm all for free enterprise, and I;d like to see where you could go with this. Good Luck, I'll be watching for you to start selling this. Or just PM me when you do
[Reply]
theoneandonly 10:14 PM 12-07-2010
Don, no problem. I'll post when I get things figured out.
[Reply]
theoneandonly 12:23 PM 01-04-2011
Now that Christmas and New Years are over, along with every other holiday, I am getting back to the logistics of this. I have a meeting today with a manufacturer about possibly producing this ashtray for me. Hopefully, I will have some good news to post this week. Sorry for taking so long to do an update, but I have been busy the last few weeks.
[Reply]
J0eybb 12:48 PM 01-04-2011
Good Luck
[Reply]
theoneandonly 09:57 PM 01-04-2011
So the meeting didn't go to well...Seems like this might not happen for a good production cost here in the US. Damn labor costs...
[Reply]
icehog3 12:35 AM 01-05-2011
So the meeting didn't go to well...Seems like this might not happen for a good production cost here in the US. Damn labor costs...
Make 'em in Ecuador! :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up