Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Hey Dice, I took this picture for you...
shilala 10:21 AM 08-13-2011
This x-wing fighter is sitting outside a restaurant in Kent, OH, which is right around the corner from our house. It might even be in Stow-Kent, I don't know, I'm not from around here. I could get there on a bet, though.
I've been by it at least 10 times and always think "I need to get a picture of that for MOBD, he'd love to ride that sumb1tch", but I always miss the turn-in. I always think the place is called Mooby's, and I don't know why. It's got all sorts of weird stuff sitting around and the building looks like they wanted to go with a bunch of different themes but just couldn't settle on one. It's pretty goofy looking, but it's not bad. They stopped right before it got unsightly. Oh, I think it's just called Main Street Restaurant, although I don't think it's on main street. I'll have to ask the boss.
How I got the picture...
Lisa was taking me to dinner one night when we were over that way. I'd had a tantrum a few days before after she took me to the tenth upscale, pretentious bistro in a row where they didn't have anything for men to eat that weren't wearing their wive's skivvies, and she pulled into this place. I had always made fun that I wanted to go there because I assumed it was a buffet and she hates trough-style restaurants. I asked her what she was doing, and she said "You wanted to eat here." I told her "No, I just wanted to play on the fighter."
So I did, and here's your picture, D. :-)

[Reply]
shilala 10:22 AM 08-13-2011
Edit:
I see now that it's called Mike's place. News to me. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:54 AM 08-13-2011
Wow!!!

That's awesome, Scott!!!:-)

Thanks for think of me and sharing the picture!!!
:-)
[Reply]
The Poet 12:02 PM 08-13-2011
Hey Scott, all you need now is an R2 unit, and you can take it to the Dagobah System.

Of course, maybe you'd need to Googlemap for directions, as you likely don't have nearly as many Dagos out that way you can ask. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:56 PM 08-13-2011
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Hey Scott, all you need now is an R2 unit, and you can take it to the Dagobah System.

Of course, maybe you'd need to Googlemap for directions, as you likely don't have nearly as many Dagos out that way you can ask. :-)
Shouldn't be too hard to find:

Dagobah Systems LLC
1133 Pinehurst Avenue, Royal Oak, MI 48073 :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 01:00 PM 08-13-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Shouldn't be too hard to find:

Dagobah Systems LLC
1133 Pinehurst Avenue, Royal Oak, MI 48073 :-)

Wow, looks to be pretty much built-up, for a swamp. :-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 01:42 PM 08-13-2011
nice.

i love this pic.

[Reply]
Skywalker 04:06 PM 08-13-2011
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
nice.

i love this pic.

Me too!:-)
[Reply]
Wanger 07:42 AM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Me too!:-)
X3

And that is so cool, Scott. Love it! Did they have Princess Leia slave girl as the hostess or a waitress? :-)

Did you eat actually eat there? And if so, how was the food?
[Reply]
Up