Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Odor
systm 12:25 AM 08-05-2009
Does anyone have a proven way to remove smoke smell from a room.
It's not all ways easy to smoke outside where its extremely windy/cold and I would like to enjoy a smoke inside without the lingering smell.
[Reply]
JJG 07:55 AM 08-05-2009
tobacco smoke is pretty light actually. The best thing to do is keep the air moving. If you have a window or door in the room you intend to smoke, it would help greatly to be able to open them and get some fresh air exchange.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 08:09 AM 08-05-2009
It depends on how often and how much the room has been smoked in, as well as what type of flooring/furniture is there. Hardwood floors and leather furniture hold a LOT less smell than carpet and fabric. If you have the former, just putting in good ventilation or a very good air purifier should be enough. If you have fabric/carpet, there's not much you can do. You will get some residual smell, though less if you ventilate well. Shampooing the carpets/furniture will help somewhat, but not completely.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:59 AM 08-05-2009
Fans and an open window help a lot. Any kind of ozone spray, such as ozium will remove all the smell.
[Reply]
N2Advnture 09:08 AM 08-05-2009
Keys to prevent residual odor:

1.) Exhaust the smoke

2.) Keep the materials in the room to nonporous ones (leather, wood, tile, etc...)

3.) When you're not in the room smoking, use an Ozonator

For fabrics, I have found that "Pure Ayre" odor eliminator works better than ANYTHING on the market.

I hope this helps

~Mark
[Reply]
Up