Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Lebron back to Cleveland....
Remo 12:44 PM 07-11-2014
Not a fan of his and did not see this coming, crazy..after how much hate those fans spewed at him, short memory I guess :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:58 PM 07-11-2014
Totally saw this coming. He did not think the backlash was going to be what it was when he went to Miami. He didn't realize what a tool he was with the whole press conference and game show on where he was going. He really wanted to win a championship; accomplished & then some. Now it's time to finish off his career in his hometown and now has the machine around him to win it in Cleveland.

The lack of spectacle around where he was going, along with "mission accomplished" only lead to one conclusion for someone values a legacy. He'll win a championship in Cleveland within 3 years.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 02:56 PM 07-11-2014
I really think we are about to really see Lebron's talent. He is going to go to another level to win a championship in Cleveland.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:31 PM 07-11-2014
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
The lack of spectacle around where he was going, along with "mission accomplished" only lead to one conclusion for someone values a legacy. He'll win a championship in Cleveland within 3 years.
No game show, but it certainly was a big spectacle in all the media here in Chicago since the day after the Heat lost in the Finals.
[Reply]
dvickery 07:29 PM 07-11-2014
alas ... invented by a canadian ... and it isnt played on ice .

basketball is lame and always will be .

sorry
derrek
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:58 AM 07-12-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
No game show, but it certainly was a big spectacle in all the media here in Chicago since the day after the Heat lost in the Finals.
That was their spectacle, not his. The move to Miami was his spectacle.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:46 AM 07-12-2014
Again...who cares? It's baseball season. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:20 AM 07-12-2014
Yay. LeBron. I hope they hurry and put the big poster back up.
I do have to say I'm happy for the people here in Cleveland. If the Cavs can play some decent ball, it might make them a little less miserable.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:53 AM 07-12-2014
LOL:-) dumb fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ki_uYZc3nE
[Reply]
icehog3 01:29 PM 07-12-2014
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
That was their spectacle, not his. The move to Miami was his spectacle.
I don't disagree, but it still splashed everywhere I go to read about real sports. :-)
[Reply]
Steelerfanatic 08:01 AM 07-13-2014
As much as I dislike Lebron, he does seem to be maturing a bit lately. "the decision" when he left Cleveland was a huge mistake and he seems to have gotten it right this time. People like to blame him for leaving but it was the inept GM in Cleveland who could not put a team around him to get past the first couple rounds of the playoffs. The guy waited 7 years and then had enough. Here is a good article recently on the subject:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cavali...L5T4VYAPOH_wgt.

It's good to see him go home and play out his career in his hometown. It takes a lot of guts to play on any sports team in Cleveland :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 12:31 PM 07-13-2014
The funniest part about all of this to me is that even though ESPN is LeBron's #1 nuthugger, he announced his decision through SI.
[Reply]
themoneycollector 12:44 AM 07-14-2014
I don't like this move for him

It's not about money, because I assume after taxes, he will be making less money than he could have made in Miami.

He's in one of the premier cities in the US and he's going to leave that for Cleveland?

If it was about winning championships - I just don't see this unproven set of young players taking them into the championship. Possibly in 3-4 years, but Lebron doesn't have that many years left to guide a new set of teammates. The East is still soft, so I could see him take it as far as the finals and end up losing again.

I think the problem with Lebron's career is that he has never had a real coach.

I wonder why Dallas wasn't considered a "serious" option for him (even though I'm biased). We have no state income taxes, a top 5 coach, and the best owner in the NBA. The spurs are still the team to beat and Dallas gave them the most difficulty with a relatively soft roster.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:51 AM 07-14-2014
Originally Posted by themoneycollector:
He's in one of the premier cities in the US and he's going to leave that for Cleveland?

If it was about winning championships - I just don't see this unproven set of young players taking them into the championship. Possibly in 3-4 years, but Lebron doesn't have that many years left to guide a new set of teammates. The East is still soft, so I could see him take it as far as the finals and end up losing again.
He wants to live in and raise his family in Cleveland. Going to Miami is just a private jet ride away. I think he knows what it takes to build a championship team and I can see him with a post player opportunity within Cleveland, similar to what Larry Bird did.

Maybe Miami was too easy to win? Where was the challenge when are lined up with such stars; after the first Championship? Guys like him want to win all the time, but don't want to be spoon fed wins or those wins will always cast a shadow. "James could only win with Allen, Bosh, & Wade by his side..."
[Reply]
357 08:09 AM 07-14-2014
I have no specific ire for LeBron other than "The Decision" and the rally they did in Miami announcing how they were going to win 6-7 championships before they even played a single game.

My issue is the NBA has become obsessed with promoting the next big prima donna. They've bastardized my favorite team game and turned it into glorifiying the individual. The best TEAM in the league just dispatched LeBron and his dueling sidekicks in 5 games. It was ugly because a TEAM beat them badly by playing TEAM basketball. I hope the Cavs never win a title. Not because I hate LeBron or Cleveland but because I hate what he represents to me. Selling out the entire league to promote individuals rather than teams is why you have the ticky tack phantom fouls, endless parades to the free throw line, nonestop isolation plays with two guys playing 1 on 1 and 8 other standing around; I hate it. College basketball is so vastly superior to watch. Sure they aren't as athletic but at least they play all out, share the ball, and they know what defense is.
[Reply]
Up