Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>China Box / Pig Roast
T.G 03:55 PM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I was just trying to share something I am passionate about and have truly experimented every which way to Sunday.
Stuff like that is what makes cooking so awesome.

And thank you for sharing it Carlos.
[Reply]
RonC 04:12 PM 03-04-2010
i just got done with my first pig roast last week. I have the 70 lb box, and it easily fit a 65lb pig with the head on.

I brined it for 2 days, and injected marinade the morning of the roast.

one mistake that i did make was that a started roasting the pig when it had an internal temp of about 50 degrees. It took an extra 1.5 hours to cook.

The pig turned out great. actually, it was better than great.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 05:24 PM 03-04-2010
Could you guys make me any more hungry. I think not!:-) I loves me some roasted pig!
Thanks for all the different info and suggestions!:-)
[Reply]
Neuromancer 09:46 PM 03-04-2010
Hey Carlos...got your PM...am letting everyone here know that out of all roast pigs, your roast pig is the crowning achievement in roast pigs!!! :-)

PS - You don't have to send a check, you should have my address, so you can just drop a $20 bill in an envelope to me for the above product endorsement, as you promised...:-)
[Reply]
Steve 09:57 PM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Marinating sure does help... but I think injecting works even better. The best I ever had was a mixture of 1 gallon garlic butter and one gallon Texas Pete hot sauce. That hog won the Whole Hog "Best of the Best" Invitational at the 2008 National BBQ festival in Douglas GA.
:-):-)
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 02:32 AM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
Thanks for all the different info and suggestions!:-)
:-)

I knew I'd run into the experts by posting here. Thanks for all of the info and tips guys. This was exactly what I was looking for and I'm taking notes.

As soon as the weather breaks I'm pulling the trigger on a box. :-)

I just can't find any excuse not to after all the tasty pics posted. :-)
[Reply]
landhoney 08:07 AM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by Neuromancer:
Hey Carlos...got your PM...am letting everyone here know that out of all roast pigs, your roast pig is the crowning achievement in roast pigs!!! :-)
The man takes pride in his hog and likes to show it off, nothing wrong with that. :-)

Seriously though, when we few went into the front yard and were pulling pieces off the pig and dipping into the juice at the bottom of the box....well it doesn't get much better than that. :-) Thanks for the great pig Carlos and letting us all have a pull on your hog.....:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up