Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Restaurant.com gift certifiate special offer
forgop 06:41 PM 07-26-2010
Buy a $25 gift certificate for $2 with this offer. You'll have an addional required purchase, but how wrong can you go? For example, a $12 purchase enables you to receive $35 in value. Some places have different minimums or exclusions and you can obviously use 1 at a time.

Http://www.restaurant.com

Most*certificates*are*for*a*specific*amount*(usual ly*$25)*and*you*get*them*at*a*discounted*price*(us ually*$10*or*less).*Currently,*however,*you*can*sa ve*even*more*with*a*code*that*gives*you*an*extra*8 0%*off*already*discounted*certificates:*a*$25*cert ificate*is*just*$2*after*the*discount.*This*offer* ends*July*31.

Code is PLATE.
[Reply]
forgop 06:43 PM 07-26-2010
Sorry about the formatting at the bottom. I copied/pasted this from a newsletter through email and that's how it shows up here.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:51 PM 07-26-2010
My mom bought us 12 months of Restaurant.com certificates last year. I've never used them because I honestly cant go out to eat that much. But this is good for those people who like trying new food places!
[Reply]
forgop 07:02 PM 07-26-2010
I already bought $120 in certificates for $10.60 this morning. Doing more later.
[Reply]
T.G 07:16 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
I already bought $120 in certificates for $10.60 this morning. Doing more later.
Word of advice from my own mistakes brother, read the fine print before you go hog wild on those certs.

You already figured out the extra purchase part, as did I at the time, but they also tend to have restrictions like "dine in only", "Only valid for lunch (dinner)" "only valid Monday through Thursday". Of course alcohol and gratuity are not covered by the offer, in fact some of the certs I ended up with had a very unreasonable gratuity added in (like 24% for one place).

Oh, and then a few restaurants pulled out of the program too... (not a big deal, you can exchange the certificate for another restaurant at any time) Just kind of annoying.
[Reply]
forgop 07:28 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Word of advice from my own mistakes brother, read the fine print before you go hog wild on those certs.

You already figured out the extra purchase part, as did I at the time, but they also tend to have restrictions like "dine in only", "Only valid for lunch (dinner)" "only valid Monday through Thursday". Of course alcohol and gratuity are not covered by the offer, in fact some of the certs I ended up with had a very unreasonable gratuity added in (like 24% for one place).

Oh, and then a few restaurants pulled out of the program too... (not a big deal, you can exchange the certificate for another restaurant at any time) Just kind of annoying.
I know-all stuff I'm taking into consideration before I buy. Bought dome places locally as well as some places I'll hit up on vacation in a couple of weeks.
[Reply]
Samsquanch 08:59 PM 07-26-2010
They send the coupons weekly for this offer. I've used it a few times and it's been great.
[Reply]
Up