Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Trinity Alps/Canyon Creek hike-&-herf
teotides 07:28 PM 06-21-2009
I just returned home from a grueling, humbling and truly magnificent hike/herf in the Trinity Alps. My friends and I hiked twenty-something miles over the past three days and climbed over 4000 ft. in elevation throughout the trip. We saw countless waterfalls and extremely beautiful rock formations during the hike not to mention three icy cold lakes and quite a bit of wildlife. There were many highlights to the trip, however, three of us agreed that the cigars at the end of a long days hike were highpoints for us. My two buddies who partook in the smoking were extremely grateful that I hiked in my travel humidor and both agreed that the trip wouldn't have been the same without it. Beautiful scenery, good friends, laughter and cigars to top off the day! Life is good right now:-)
Thanks for looking and reading if you've gone thus far. Here are some pix of the trip:-)
[Reply]
teotides 07:32 PM 06-21-2009
More pix
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:16 PM 06-21-2009
Nothing like some beautiful scenary, company of friends and some good cigars!!! Looks like a grand time!!
[Reply]
Smoke Naked 08:47 PM 06-21-2009
Awesome!
[Reply]
HK3- 09:00 PM 06-21-2009
Great pictures! Looks like a great time was had by all. :-)
[Reply]
Cigargal 10:27 AM 06-25-2009
You were right in my back yard and didn't stop by to herf with me????
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:02 AM 06-25-2009
Looks like an outstanding trip and herf!
[Reply]
kayak_rat 11:44 AM 06-25-2009
These pics really made my day. I am an outdoor junkie stuck behind a desk. I have picture sites I go to everyday just to help me make it through. Love teh water pics. One issue I have though......there is not one fly rod in any pictures. We must remedy that. :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 11:57 AM 06-25-2009
Absolutley beautiful.
[Reply]
teotides 12:05 PM 06-25-2009
Originally Posted by Cigargal:
You were right in my back yard and didn't stop by to herf with me????
I still have a couple cigars left in the travel humidor. I can be there in two hours:-)
[Reply]
teotides 12:08 PM 06-25-2009
Originally Posted by kayak_rat:
These pics really made my day. I am an outdoor junkie stuck behind a desk. I have picture sites I go to everyday just to help me make it through. Love teh water pics. One issue I have though......there is not one fly rod in any pictures. We must remedy that. :-)
I opted to take a guitar instead of a pole. I'm glad I had the guitar at night around the fire w/ a cigar but wished we were eating fresh trout for dinner:-)
Next time:-)
[Reply]
Up