Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Maybe getting the shaft on ebay
Junior 02:18 PM 06-08-2009
Imagine that. I sold a laptop to a guy, and he claimed that it didn’t work. He said it would only run for 5 minutes then shut off. I told him to ship it back to me so I could look at it. I got it back today, and he didn’t package it up correctly so now it has a corner busted on it plus the cd drive is crooked. I am probably out of luck as PP always finds in the favor of the buyer.
[Reply]
G G 02:19 PM 06-08-2009
Sorry to hear that.
[Reply]
TripleF 02:23 PM 06-08-2009
Dang. Sorry bout that bro. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:23 PM 06-08-2009
Originally Posted by Junior:
I am probably out of luck as PP always finds in the favor of the buyer.
:-)

Sorry to hear. Been there, done that.
[Reply]
Junior 02:26 PM 06-08-2009
The kicker is that even in the shape it is in now it still runs. I have had it on my desk all day, and it has worked just fine.
[Reply]
shilala 02:29 PM 06-08-2009
Insurance?
[Reply]
ade06 02:29 PM 06-08-2009
Take pictures of the packaging and damage and include it in your response. I successfully defended a return challenge where the buyer tried to pull the same (it doesn't work properly) story on a radio I sold. He made a claim three months after he received the radio. Supply as much supporting documentation as possible, such as the buyer's e-bay positive feedback if any.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 02:40 PM 06-08-2009
Maybe he dropped it and hench his claim?:-):-)
[Reply]
sikk50 02:45 PM 06-08-2009
Sounds like you have had a horrible new laptop expeirence for the last week, but I would agree that he probaly damaged it then used shotty pagkaging as a cover
[Reply]
yourchoice 02:45 PM 06-08-2009
Man, you're having a hell of a time with shipping companies...

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16555

Hope it all works out for you bro.
[Reply]
Junior 03:05 PM 06-08-2009
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Sounds like you have had a horrible new laptop expeirence for the last week, but I would agree that he probaly damaged it then used shotty pagkaging as a cover
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Man, you're having a hell of a time with shipping companies...

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16555

Hope it all works out for you bro.
No kidding I am at the point now where I am going to the store to buy one from now on.

I have pictures of it before I shipped it and after.
[Reply]
HK3- 03:13 PM 06-08-2009
This is what I think of PP and Eday and all of it's scamming scunners for membership -----> :-)
[Reply]
Junior 03:28 PM 06-08-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:
This is what I think of PP and Eday and all of it's scamming scunners for membership -----> :-)
I am finished with both of them, and fedex as well.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:20 PM 06-08-2009
I am finished with both of them, and fedex as well.
I will purchase off of Ebay, but will never, ever sell anything through them again.
[Reply]
Junior 09:23 AM 06-23-2009
Insurance paid the claim. So it did all work out in the end.
[Reply]
BlackDog 09:27 AM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I will purchase off of Ebay, but will never, ever sell anything through them again.
:-) I agree. I've pretty much quit selling on eBay. Ever since they changed the seller feedback policy, it's not a fair marketplace.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:57 AM 06-23-2009
I had a similiar situation happen with some Wii games. Guy said upon receiving the games were all scratched and he demanded his money back. Before he even made a pp claim I sent him the pictures I took of the games before I sent them. He shut up afer that.. I learned early on in life with a bad dealership experience that when merchandise exchanges hands pics are necessary.
[Reply]
longknocker 10:11 AM 06-23-2009
Insurance paid the claim. So it did all work out in the end.
Good News! :-) Sorry about your trouble, though, Brother. I've only had one problem with buying an item on E-Bay and P* reimbursed me. I can see a lot of problems occurring, though, with frequent users.:-)
[Reply]
Up