Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>What do you all think about this?
Thrak 03:39 AM 02-10-2009
I was interested in this back when it was $200, now its $150... I've never had a Strad or Dominican Cohiba. Do you think the travel humidor it comes with is any good?

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?pa...temcode=final4
[Reply]
Bax 05:03 AM 02-10-2009
Probably not. JR's is trying hard to unload the Strats. The also have a 2 fer in a tube for 20 bucks on both. I would try those first before droping 150 on a sampler.
[Reply]
silentjon 05:28 AM 02-10-2009
I never had a Stradivarius, but I don't care for the other cigars in the sampler.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 05:35 AM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by silentjon:
I never had a Stradivarius, but I don't care for the other cigars in the sampler.
:-) Haven't had the Strad, but the Red Dot Cohibas and Mac 97s are, in my experience, not very flavorful and not worth the price. I'd suggest you pick up one or two of those and try them first. For the price you'd spend on this, you could buy a box or two of cigars that are, IMHO, much better.
[Reply]
neoflex 06:12 AM 02-10-2009
I personally wouldn't as none of those cigars even make think about salivating. Plus at that price point I could buy a box of something I really enjoy. If it's the Strads that intrigue you I would check their website for a 5er unless of course the other sticks are something you will enjoy.
[Reply]
Thrak 11:08 AM 02-10-2009
Thanks guys... I'll hold off.. now if it drops to $99 I may have to reconsider.

I'm really interested in the travel humidor. It looks sweet.
[Reply]
BryanB 03:24 PM 02-10-2009
The case is pretty cool. Kinda flimsy but pretty good. Not worth the money. The cigars in there are, you're not missing anything.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:05 PM 02-10-2009
A Vintage Macanudo? What? Up in America's Dairyland, old straw is used for bedding cows.

Yeah, I know, Macanudo is the most purchased premium cigar. Still doesn't matter that it has no flavor whatsoever.
[Reply]
groogs 05:37 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by silentjon:
:-) and I don't think it is worth the money, but everyone has different opinions on what is worth the money.
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 05:58 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
A Vintage Macanudo? What? Up in America's Dairyland, old straw is used for bedding cows.

Yeah, I know, Macanudo is the most purchased premium cigar. Still doesn't matter that it has no flavor whatsoever.
And the most purchased beer is Bud lite. Doesn't mean it tastes good.
[Reply]
Up