Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>AHH!!! MOLD!!! What do I do?
Thrak 08:49 AM 02-13-2009
Yes I do :-)

Thx for the beating lol
[Reply]
Hardcz 09:20 AM 02-13-2009
Beat it!
[Reply]
Da Klugs 09:40 AM 02-13-2009
After the wiping, if you are really paranoid ... microwave them for 8-10 seconds each.
[Reply]
Mr B 11:54 AM 02-13-2009
I was told by someone recently that after wiping them off to put them onto a sealed mason Jar and place it into a pot of water. Bring it to a boil for x amount of time to kill the spores.
Maybe he will come on here and give the full directions.
[Reply]
lesliesrussell 01:10 PM 02-13-2009
Can't tell cause the picture is too fuzzy but that might be bloom. If it is slightly greenish blue then yeah it is mold but if it is white/gray/putty colored then it is bloom.
[Reply]
lesliesrussell 01:13 PM 02-13-2009
Originally Posted by Mr B:
I was told by someone recently that after wiping them off to put them onto a sealed mason Jar and place it into a pot of water. Bring it to a boil for x amount of time to kill the spores.
Maybe he will come on here and give the full directions.
That might cause the sticks to swell and burst open. At the very least it will harm the flavor.
[Reply]
rizzle 01:14 PM 02-13-2009
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Thats Plume! :-) :-)
Originally Posted by Nimbus:
I thought that was plume :-) :-)
Definitely plume. Take them to your nearest B&M that deals in vintage cigars and trade them in.

:-)
[Reply]
Mr B 05:44 PM 02-13-2009
Originally Posted by lesliesrussell:
Can't tell cause the picture is too fuzzy but that might be bloom. If it is slightly greenish blue then yeah it is mold but if it is white/gray/putty colored then it is bloom.

It's Mold.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:50 PM 02-13-2009
Originally Posted by lesliesrussell:
Mold can be white as well. Plume/bloom is more uniform and does not appear at just one end of a cigar. It will look like a fine dust from head to foot. Mold cannot live at a rh of 65 or lower. That is the best solution to preventing it, imo.
[Reply]
floydpink 06:45 PM 02-13-2009
Indeed, the beads, the beads you need.

One plus, the mold appears to be mostly on the head, and easily clipped.
[Reply]
acruce 02:02 PM 02-14-2009
just smoke them . if its only five cigars you should be able to solve that problem in about a week:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up