Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>I celebrate lucky 13 next month, looking for ideas
kgoings 08:24 AM 02-12-2009
So next month I celebrate my 13th wedding anniversary. Last year I bought a Padron 26, which has been resting and I plan to smoke it that day.

I am looking for suggestions on a box purchase that I will be resting for future anniversary's. I love the idea of having a box from the year of my wedding, but that would be very hard to find...and if I did find one I dont think I could afford it. (My first daughter was born that year too, it was a good year!) so I am looking for other ideas.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 08:29 AM 02-12-2009
Congratulations Kirk, that's awesome. mrsreindeer & I hit our 6-year last August and that's a rarity out here in Cali!

As for the box purchase...how much do you want to spend? I'm not sure I'd be much help but perhaps throw that out there and others might be more able to help. You certainly can't beat a box 'o Padron Anni Maduro's though...and it won't set you back a ton.
[Reply]
TripleF 08:29 AM 02-12-2009
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I thought you were turning 13......

JK

Congrats. No suggestions however.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:33 AM 02-12-2009
Congrats on the 13 year mark.
[Reply]
kgoings 08:42 AM 02-12-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Congratulations Kirk, that's awesome. mrsreindeer & I hit our 6-year last August and that's a rarity out here in Cali!

As for the box purchase...how much do you want to spend? I'm not sure I'd be much help but perhaps throw that out there and others might be more able to help. You certainly can't beat a box 'o Padron Anni Maduro's though...and it won't set you back a ton.
Thanks, as for price, eh under $350. But hey if there is a good smoke for cheap I can get TWO boxes! And celebrate my oldest daughters birth too! My youngest was born in 01, I think I can find a box for that! I really dont smoke too many NC's but your right the Padrons are great, so I will put those on my list to think about.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:45 AM 02-12-2009
Congratulations on 13 years! :-)

As for a box, maybe some phone calls may be in order but maybe a vendor could come up with something. It is a once a year smoke, so maybe spending a few more dollars on something from 1996 would be worth it. :-)
[Reply]
Up