Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>JR Alternatives?
Starscream 06:09 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:

How wonderful?
It's better than a lot of $4+ sticks I've had. For barely over $1 a stick, you can't go wrong w/ Cuban Alt Cohiba Sig IV or Bolivar Corona (if you like spice).
Do they taste like Cohibas or Bolivars? No. Are they a decent stick? Yes.
[Reply]
Nimbus 07:01 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Yes and no. Stay away, stay far away!
I agree! :-):-)
[Reply]
Cigary 08:54 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I would give it a 3.
Good enough for me,,,I will need enough for doing my yard this spring and summer,,,I got about an acre to cut and manicure so need alot of yard gars.

Originally Posted by andysutherland:
It's better than a lot of $4+ sticks I've had. For barely over $1 a stick, you can't go wrong w/ Cuban Alt Cohiba Sig IV or Bolivar Corona (if you like spice).
Do they taste like Cohibas or Bolivars? No. Are they a decent stick? Yes.
Good enough for moi',,,,,and I do love spice. As long as they go with beer,,Im happy:-)
[Reply]
SmokinCozy 11:44 PM 02-11-2009
I would stay away from the Alt's but I love the Ults and Monte C from the cuban line.
[Reply]
bigswol2 12:24 AM 02-12-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinCozy:
I would stay away from the Alt's but I love the Ults and Monte C from the cuban line.
+1 on the monte C
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 05:37 AM 02-12-2009
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Bought HdM alts a while back, found them to be harsh and not that good. Left them alone for over a year and well, smoked a few lately and all I can tell you is that they are WAY more enjoyable than CAO Anni Cameroon I smoked last week.
I can tell you that many of them are better than some of the $3-$5 sticks you will pay for a "brand" name. They are rolled in the same factories by the same people that make the Altadis cigars, just 2nd grade tobacco. Most are green, and I too have found that if I let them rest in my humidor for 6 mos. or more they are more enjoyable. Great for mowing the lawn and give aways, I'll keep buying them.
[Reply]
tobii3 07:50 AM 02-12-2009
I've got Alt's and Connies in my cooler from as far back as 04.....and I have NO complaints. I'm a cheap bastid, what more can I say??
[Reply]
TheRiddick 12:21 PM 02-12-2009
As with any other cigar lines, you need to pick and choose through Alt selections, but I would advise anyone to let them sleep for a while before making up their minds on these. Not that I buy them on a constant basis, but they are good buys with age on them. I would definitely advise either a Honduran or Nic tobacco mix if buying Alts.
[Reply]
goatfarmer 03:06 PM 02-12-2009
Used to purchase from JR's Alternative collection; IMO, they all tasted the same, just come in different sizes and color wrappers. It's probably been about 10 yrs. since last JR purchase. When it comes to yard gars, tend to stick with low end blends from list of preferred name brand manufacturers. Some supplier's offer name brand 2'nds, which I have found are not too bad.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up