Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Dumb Question...Cigar Caddy...
BigAsh 12:44 PM 11-10-2010
Just got a sweet 40 ct. Cigar Caddy (thanks Jay for the GB!)....there is a dial/knob on the front "Open/Close/Purge"....What is it and how is it used? :-)...Dumb, I'm sure....Thanks
[Reply]
replicant_argent 12:48 PM 11-10-2010
keep it closed.
When you take a flight or travel from one altitude/pressure to another, the case may be "sucked shut" with the pressure differential. Opening that valve/the knob allows you to equalize the pressure, and open the case without prying it open with a screwdriver/crowbar.
[Reply]
jonumberone 12:48 PM 11-10-2010
When I fly with my 15ct after I land it is tough to open. I think the knob solves that problem :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 12:49 PM 11-10-2010
Damn hunt and peck typing skills.:-)

Kudos to Pete :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 01:18 PM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
keep it closed.
When you take a flight or travel from one altitude/pressure to another, the case may be "sucked shut" with the pressure differential. Opening that valve/the knob allows you to equalize the pressure, and open the case without prying it open with a screwdriver/crowbar.
:-)....thanks!
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:34 PM 11-10-2010
:-) :-) You got me rolling here Keith!! :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 03:25 PM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
:-) :-) You got me rolling here Keith!! :-)
I was bored....:-).....hahaahaha....I knew it was a "pressure" thing ....guess I woulda figured it out when I landed in Tampa and asked Scott for a hacksaw....
[Reply]
DPD6030 06:09 PM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
I was bored....:-).....hahaahaha....I knew it was a "pressure" thing ....guess I woulda figured it out when I landed in Tampa and asked Scott for a hacksaw....
Hacksaw? All you need is a little knife. I used my last time at EPIC on the 15 count one. Yes, the TSA let me fly with my swiss army knife. WTF, I know right :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:12 PM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
"Open/Close/Purge"
I'm thinking that is what your arse will do at EPIC!!!
[Reply]
Up