Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Electronic Humidification
Bubba - NJ 02:44 PM 10-22-2010
Please post any likes or dislikes about the electronic humidification that you use or have used in the past . I'm searching for a humidifier and would like to gain some knowledge about them before I buy one . For about 14 cubic feet of storage(if my math is correct). Brands I've heard of and very little about are - Cigar Oasis , Hydra , Moist N Aire and Humi-Care . :-)
[Reply]
EricF 04:20 PM 10-22-2010
I don't have a need to electronic humidification, but I have heard alot of good things about Avallo Accumonitor. It comes in several different sizes depending on the size of your humi.

Just my $.02 Hope it helps out.
[Reply]
markem 04:23 PM 10-22-2010
I'm very happy with the setup included with my aristocrat. Easy to use and very stable. Bob sells the units separate from the humidors, so you may be interested in talking to him about your setup.

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/electronic.htm
[Reply]
Nefari0us 04:25 PM 10-22-2010
I have the Hydra LG along with two additional fans in my large cabinet. No complaints so far, Although I did add some of Shilalas beads to it to keep everything at 65%
[Reply]
forgop 04:28 PM 10-22-2010
PM sent regarding Cigar Oasis II XL.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 06:23 PM 10-22-2010
My Sm Hydra I have is not very useful considering I have enough beads for my cabinet. Also the digital hydrometer that was sold as being adjustable and calibrated at the factory is about 10% high even at its lowest setting. The only use I have for it is the fans. I would say if you can swing it just fill it up with beads and get some fans to move the air around.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:26 PM 10-22-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
I'm very happy with the setup included with my aristocrat. Easy to use and very stable. Bob sells the units separate from the humidors, so you may be interested in talking to him about your setup.

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/electronic.htm
Another huge thumbs up for Bob's Set and Forget systems. :-)
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 02:12 PM 10-25-2010
Someday I'll get an Aristocrat and the set and forget system , but not yet . After alot of searching on-line I found a bunch of customers that were unhappy with the Cigar Oasis although it did sound as if some problems were from operator error . I found nothing on the Humi-care that CI sells other then it seems like a Hydra clone . The Hydra humidifiers seem to have a more up to date technology engineered into them . The Moist N Aire seems like a solid unit but lacks the up to date technology of a built in hygrometer . So I went with the Hydra LG humidifier because of the hygrometer , the remote unit and the ability to add additional fans to it . If the Hydra doesn't work out for me then I'll give the Moist N Aire a shot . I'll post my experiences with the Hydra unit and my new humidor cabinet after I receive them . Good day and Good smokes to you , Thank you . :-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 06:42 AM 10-26-2010
I've got two Cigar Oasis Plus XLs running, one in a humidor, the other in a cooler. Both have been excellent, and well worth the money, IMO.
[Reply]
BloodSpite 07:35 AM 10-26-2010
I use a Humi Care EH ( http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...M-HMC08&cat=10 )

Got it after I got tired of constantly (ok thats a bit of an exaggeration :-) ) refilling my credo's. Modified it to use Cracked ice with prop gly. Also use an external fan to pull circulation to my top shelf.

Works pretty fair. Only thing that sort of annoys me is the low moisture alarm is really quiet, and the unit does not store your previous settings when the power goes out. (I plugged it in to my APC UPS...yeah I'm weird :-) )

Otherwise works like a charm!

Only thing that aggravates me is I can't seem to find the external remote as a separate piece. Would love to expand the system by obtaining one.
[Reply]
Up