Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Trays & Drawers for Wine Coolers & Coolidors
WaxingMoon 07:07 PM 09-21-2010
I have had several requests for trays and drawers for wine coolers and coolidors.... I have been shying away from these in my previous life.... however, now that I have a partner, Bruce.... we are able to take these on full time....

I am going to continue to focus on the humidors as Bruce is learning, but not yet comfortable with putting metal to the exotics.... However, he can build the hell out of some trays and needs the work while I'm at my day job... which I hope to give up soon and focus full time, once again on what I love to do.... This will be a revenue stream that will allow me to get back in to the shop full time to get my work out there in a more timely manner...

So... with that being said... we are opening the flood gates to accept orders for trays and drawers and crumb catchers for the coolidors.... etc... etc... etc...

We will be starting out a little slow and easy.... but once we get re-familiarized with the various models and start having measurements in house.... it'll be a breeze...

We will commit to customer service, quality and communication to get our BOTL's taken care of.... one brother at a time.... (well, hopefully 5 or 6 at a time)....

Hope to hear from ya'all...

Ed

Fancy....

or Plain Jane....

or maybe you have a hole in a cabinet that needs filled.....

[Reply]
dwoodward 07:19 PM 09-21-2010
All of your work looks amazing. When I get my coolidor underway here in the next few weeks, you might see an order sneak in from me. :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 07:31 PM 09-21-2010
Prices?
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 07:35 PM 09-21-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
Prices?
I haven't really had time to study it yet... I have some orders that I am putting together now... but my thoughts are, depending on the dimension... Simple trays would be around $15 and drawers anywhere from $25-$45.

I am also working on an engraved option for the bottom panels.... I will have an example to post tomorrow...
[Reply]
mariogolbee 07:59 PM 09-21-2010
Thank you for your response.
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 09:02 PM 09-21-2010
Custom tray bottoms available too.... I have my engraver on board with this too.... this is going to be fun!

He did a sample on a piece of spanish cedar for me....

You can use your imagination on this stuff..... Pricing will depend on graphic used....

[Reply]
Eleven 11:31 PM 09-21-2010
I approve of this thread!
[Reply]
smelvis 12:11 AM 09-22-2010
Hi Ed :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 12:15 AM 09-22-2010
Ed. That engraving is awesome! What format and specs do the graphics need to be in? In order for the engraving machine to except it?
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 05:41 AM 09-22-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Ed. That engraving is awesome! What format and specs do the graphics need to be in? In order for the engraving machine to except it?
Any digitized image with at least 150 dpi. The laser can go all the way through or be etched on the surface.
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 05:42 AM 09-22-2010
I have come up with some interim pricing - I will see how this works out and hopefully it will simplify any inquiries....

I will be charging by the cubic inch. Any fraction of an inch will be rounded up to the next whole number. Pricing is per piece.

1-450 cubic inches = $0.09 per cubic inch
450-750 cubic inches = $0.08 per cubic inch
750-1000 cubic inches = $0.05 per cubic inch
1000 or more cubic inches = $0.04 per cubic inch

Cubic inches are calculated simply by multiplying L*W*H. Remember, any fractional dimensions will round up to the hext whole number.

This is for a basic tray. If you desire drawer pulls or custom tray bottoms, the cost will be a direct pass.

Hardwood drawer fronts will be quoted as ordered.

There will be a $12.50 material & packaging charge per order plus shipping

I hope that will help. If anything seems to be out of line - please, feel free and let me know. This is just a down and dirty pricing scheme that I came up with only having 2 cups of coffee this morning.... so, I may or may not have thought through anything. If you see anything that is out of line - please.... let me know so I can adjust.

It's my goal to make sure that we conduct ourselves as fair, honest and professional as we can.....

As always.... thank you for your support
[Reply]
Chingas 08:31 AM 09-22-2010
Originally Posted by WaxingMoon:
Any digitized image with at least 150 dpi. The laser can go all the way through or be etched on the surface.
Thanks for the fast reply Ed. I got all sorts of ideas now...
[Reply]
Montano 02:36 PM 09-26-2010
Email sent Ed.
[Reply]
Ogre 09:09 PM 09-26-2010
That is some awesome work, perhaps have you make some for my second coolidor.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 05:16 PM 11-06-2010
PM sent.
[Reply]
zappaFREAK 02:26 PM 11-08-2010
Nice stuff!!
[Reply]
76GTFan 08:04 PM 11-13-2010
PM sent
[Reply]
Up