Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Discussion>How do I smoke these funky tobaccos?
Slavac 08:52 PM 11-26-2009
Hey guys:

To support my local B+M, I picked up a tin each of:
Mediallion cut
Plug
Flake

The sad part is, I'm not sure how to smoke these tobaccos, especially the plug.

Any help would be appreciated!
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 09:12 PM 11-26-2009
Ain't yah supposed to chew plugs of tobakky?

Always helpful,

Bob
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:20 PM 11-26-2009
That which is already cut, you can "rub out" as well as you'd like. What I mean is, you take a flake of two, wad them into a ball in your hand, and roll it between the palms of your hands like you are making a ball with silly putty. Do this over a large plate, or an open sheet of newspaper, as stuff will fall. With what is rubbed out, you can stuff in your pipe as normal.

Some like to fold the flakes/coins and get them to fit into the pipe, with just a little rubbed out completely on top so that you can get a burn going. This burns much slower, and takes practice. Although, some will only smoke flake this way.

As for the plug, you must have a sharp knife, and it better be a hefty blade. I like by butcher's cleaver. Put it on a cutting board, and cut 1/16 inch strip (cross grain). Then, treat it as a flake.

Flakes/coins/plugs may require some addition drying time before smoking. Letting it set out in the open air for 15 min. to a couple hours does the trick. How you like to smoke it will dictatat to you. Check it often.

By the way, I'm not sure what you have smoked in the past, but as you didn't mention which flake/plug/medallions you are talkin about, that these are Virginia blends. They need tender loving care while smoking. These should be smoked slowly - sipped.

They also need to be smoked on a clean palate to be fully appreciated. That means, after a couple cigars, you won't get all that you can get out of these if they're smoked after a few days off of all tobacco.

Hope this helps.
[Reply]
Slavac 10:48 PM 11-26-2009
Thanks Rev, that was exactly what I was looking for.

And Bob? Just for that, I'll only be giving you a Cubana Honey to smoke when we herf next.
[Reply]
alley00p 11:38 PM 11-26-2009
Brad, I sent you a PM!!

When you get time, read it, and let me know what think.... :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 11:55 PM 11-26-2009
Originally Posted by Slavac:
Thanks Rev, that was exactly what I was looking for.

And Bob? Just for that, I'll only be giving you a Cubana Honey to smoke when we herf next.
I guess, this isn't the best time to ask if Amy has an older sister, huh? :-)
[Reply]
Up