Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>NFL RedZone - Anybody Subscribe To It??
RGD. 03:37 PM 09-20-2009
On my Verizon Fios it's being advertised. Cost is at $49.95 for the season. Anybody have it? Any good? Likes or dis-likes?

Ron
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 05:35 PM 09-20-2009
I get it with my $5 comcast sports package... I think it'd be good for re-caps.. nothing I would spend $50 on
[Reply]
yachties23 10:31 PM 09-20-2009
anybody else think this is possibly the greatest thing ever invented?
[Reply]
dunng 04:38 AM 09-21-2009
:-) I'll have to check it out next week...
[Reply]
jkim05 08:50 AM 09-21-2009
I have dish and the sports package and it was included. I love it, though it is a bit overwhelming at times. The only downside is you see every big play as it happens, so highlights are pretty boring because you've already seen all the big plays and scoring drives. Really though, it's the greatest invention ever. I'm a heavy DVR user and I record everything, even live TV I watch a few minutes behind so I can skip all the commercials, but this is the one channel I don't have to record. There's constant action without any commercial breaks.
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 08:54 AM 09-21-2009
I prefer to watch one game at a time rather than jumping around all day to and from teams I dont care about. Guess thats where we differ
[Reply]
yachties23 09:29 PM 09-21-2009
Well I'm pretty big into fantasy football, so the redzone kinda keeps it exciting. Imagine having to watch that snorefest last week cincy/denver for 3 hours....
[Reply]
The Poet 04:32 PM 09-22-2009
Not only would I not subscribe to the package, I don't even subscribe to the concept. I want to watch the game I'm watching, and to hell with what's happening between Bengals/Oilers or whatever. And how many "Heidi" moments will there be, when you're watching some team you don't give a damn about kick a fieldgoal while YOUR team just completed a 95-yard TD highlight? Sorry, just tech marketing IMHO.
[Reply]
jkim05 09:31 AM 09-26-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Not only would I not subscribe to the package, I don't even subscribe to the concept. I want to watch the game I'm watching, and to hell with what's happening between Bengals/Oilers or whatever. And how many "Heidi" moments will there be, when you're watching some team you don't give a damn about kick a fieldgoal while YOUR team just completed a 95-yard TD highlight? Sorry, just tech marketing IMHO.
Actually, it's not really something you have to subscribe to. If you want the NFL network at all, on Dish at least, you have to sign up for the sports package, which includes the RedZone channel at no additional cost. I was very skeptical of the concept upon hearing about it, and it really was not until I saw the channel in person that I realized it made a lot of boring games at least interesting enough to watch. Granted, I do have a bunch of fantasy teams so that makes it worth watching some of those games. Also, I don't watch it when my team is playing, I just watch their game, but it's nice when your team is not playing, but you want to watch football and don't really care who you're watching.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 09:57 AM 09-26-2009
Time Warner Cable blows so hard this isn't even an option, neither is the NFL network. I'm seriously considering switching to Direct TV to get the NFL Ticket, I think over the course of the season it would pay for it's self since every time I have to go out to the bar to watch my team it ends up costing me more than $50 for food and drinks for the Fiancee and myself.
[Reply]
Up