Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Perdomo Cigars
bruceolee 05:38 PM 02-04-2014
I always start my night of cigar smoking with smoking one of my Bazillion NC cigars just to get the nose and taste buds going.I've noticed how much I'm enjoying Perdomo cigars. I don't have any particular cigar to point out because so far I've really enjoyed them all. It's funny but 8 years ago when I really got serious with cigar smoking it was all Padron and Fuente at the time (i was young and foolish) so i ended up ignoring certain brand cigars but now I've come around and am finding quite a few gems and Perdomo so far has been one of them. Very underrated.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:13 PM 02-04-2014
Do you ever find that smoking a stronger NC (not necessarily a Perdomo, obviously) before smoking a Cuban cigar blasts your palate a little bit, Jason?
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:15 PM 02-04-2014
The Lot 23 Maduro Robusto is one of those cigars that I always have to have in my wineador. It's not flashy or trendy, but it's consistently well-constructed and tasty. I call it "ol' reliable".
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:19 PM 02-04-2014
I love the Champagne Noir. Also the maduro 'mistakes' you can find at CI. A couple years rest and those mistakes smoke like buttery chocolate.
[Reply]
smokin5 07:15 PM 02-04-2014
Perdomo Lot 826 Slow-Aged have been in my
regular rotation for years. Great medium-bodied
balance & never a burn or draw problem.

Still nursing the last 20 or so of my Cabinet Reserve
Cameroons, too. Bought about 120 of these before
they were 'retired' in 2008. One of the best Perdomo made.

Haven't had many of the newer releases the last few years.
Seem a bit over-priced based on other available choices.
[Reply]
Robulous78 07:35 PM 02-04-2014
LOVE Perdomo... :-)

My Favorites

Lot 23 Maduro
Patriarch Maduro
ESV 2002 Natural
Champagne Natural
Champagne Noir Maduro

MY Most Favorite:

Habano Maduro

Haven't Had:

20th Anniversary
Bugatti
Exhibition
ESV 2002 Maduro
Gran Cru
[Reply]
Dude Here 07:51 PM 02-04-2014
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
LOVE Perdomo... :-)

My Favorites

Lot 23 Maduro
Patriarch Maduro
ESV 2002 Natural
Champagne Natural
Champagne Noir Maduro

MY Most Favorite:

Habano Maduro

Haven't Had:

20th Anniversary
Bugatti
Exhibition
ESV 2002 Maduro
Gran Cru
The Habano Maduros are a damn fine smoke. I like to spark up a Champagne every once in a while for a nice morning smoke.
[Reply]
Gabe215 08:18 PM 02-04-2014
2 things! One I'm with Tom, especially with smoking a GOOD CC I will def want that to be my first stick if the day, I don't want my mouth being bombarded by smoke wether it's a mild-med smoke or LFD powerhouse (don't smoke either) I feel like it taints my taste buds and want to get every nuance out if whatever CC I grab! My 2 cents.

Secondly you mention being foolish by grabbing Fuentes and Padrons. Those are some of the best NCs around. I'm not a huge Padron guy but I am smoking 95% CC's these days but Opus and Anejos will always have a place in my rotation along with AVO (LE's, Heritage and Signature) and the occasional Tat Reaerva SW and Le Verite. That is my opinion and taste is subjective smoke what you like and like what you smoke!
[Reply]
TFed 08:22 PM 02-04-2014
Absolutely!! Whatever type smoke you like, perdomo seems to make a silky smooth version.

Champagne noir

10th anniversary maduro

10th anniversary criollo

Lot 23
Are the ones I enjoy regularly. In that order.

Maybe more on my regular list soon. I got a perdomo sampler in december that is resting in the humi.

Maybe time to check a couple out soon.
[Reply]
bruceolee 08:30 PM 02-04-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Do you ever find that smoking a stronger NC (not necessarily a Perdomo, obviously) before smoking a Cuban cigar blasts your palate a little bit, Jason?
I don't usually go strong with my first NC but if I do I tend to go:

Strong NC
Light/mild CC (usually something like a JP - Conservas
Regular CC rotation after that

This is only the rotation if the NC is strong. If i do smoke a strong NC i usually smoke it and then wait an hour or two before going into the CC just to give the palate a break. For the most part I go light to mild NC to start. Usually a light bundle NC.
[Reply]
AUguy 08:53 PM 02-09-2014
Lot 23 was one of my first favorites.
[Reply]
Chico57 05:14 PM 02-11-2014
Never cared for Perdomo cigars until a friend stopped by with a box of the Salomons.
I now may have to try a few different Perdomo cigars.
[Reply]
bruceolee 06:40 PM 02-11-2014
Looks tasty! :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 06:51 PM 02-11-2014
Whenever a new smoker comes into the shop I almost always recommend a Lot 23......I haven't had a complaint yet.

Imo you cannot go wrong with Perdomo, always quality stuff....I even dig the Frescos, some of the best bargain sticks out there.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:11 PM 02-11-2014
Perdomos have always bored me. Not alot of flavors to me.
[Reply]
stearns 05:45 AM 02-12-2014
Used to smoke a lot of them, kinda died down. then I found a really old box of ESV's and some old "estate selections" which were specially made for a VA shop who knows when. while mild, these two were very tasty :-)

edit: gonna threadjack. if anybody knows anything about these I'd sure like to hear it

[Reply]
Up